any info on Luvox

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
moonlight

any info on Luvox

Post by moonlight »

Hi guys :P

has anyone been on luvox?

if so how did they get on and were there any bad side effects

yes I am clutching at straws and trying to find out what i can about various drugs before psych appt on 23rd :roll:

huggles
moonlight xxxx :P
sleep is not only a dream

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

My nephew has been on it for quite awhile. He as OCD and this drug is the one that works best for him. The worst side effect for him is that he's tired in the afternoon and often takes a nap when he gets home from school. Of the drugs he's tried, this one has worked the best...but of course, that's him.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

maddielouise1

Post by maddielouise1 »

I have also heard that it works wonders for OCD. I'm not sure if you suffer from depression, anxiety, etc., but I've really only heard positive opinions about it.

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Thanksx :P

That sounds good and yes it can be different for everyone, I am going to ask psych about it for the depression side of my bipolar.

Presently I am now trying omega 3 for bipolar after having read up on it, it is too early to tell if it helps as i've only been on it since Saturday......but I thought it I've nothing to loose by trying.

My other ad to ask about is prozac, don't know anything about it, but luvox and prozac seem to be the only two that will not worsen my tinnitus or agrivate my RLS.

huggles
moonlight xxx :P

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Hi Moonlight. That's good that you're doing some research. There are so many antidepressants nowadays, and it's good to know what's what. I don't know about aggravating the tinnitus, but most antidepressants CAN aggravate RLS, including Prozac and likely Luvox. But many of us here seem to be just fine with taking antidepressants and don't find that they worsen the RLS at all.

Treating depression is a lot like treating RLS. It may take some trial and error to figure out which med is the best for you as far as effectiveness and tolerable side effects. I know I went through several of them before I found one that worked for me.

Best wishes with it.
Susan

Neco

Post by Neco »

I was on Luvox previously, back when I had my tramadol interaction and have been off it, but I got a script for it today, so hoping to restart it without incident and hopefully get some benefit from it again..

I felt pretty satisfied with all it did for me, and it did help with obsessing over things here and there, which was neat.

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Thanks for your'e help

If it was to aggrivate RLS, if you stopped taking it would you're RLS go back to how it was before?

sorry for the million questions

huggles
moonlight xxxx

Neco

Post by Neco »

Can't honestly say.. But I would assume so.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Moonlight, from the people who have come here and posted about their experience, the vast majority of people who get an increase in RLS symptoms from taking an SSRI (or similar class anti-depressant), DO indeed have the RLS go back to prior levels when they stop it.

Not to scare you, but there have been a few people for whom this was not true. One of our dearly loved members who had to leave the forum for other reasons was one of those people. Her RLS became immediately worse and stayed worse after stopping it.

The same thing applies to augmentation. While the vast majority of people who augment on a dopamine agonist have the RLS return to prior levels after stopping the DA, a few of us weren't so lucky. My RLS is permanently worsened. Since it's been over three years now since I stopped it, I think it's highly unlikely to reverse at this time. I won't say impossible though!

It's a hard decision to decide to take anything. Please talk this through with your doctor. as I am sure you already are. There ARE indeed drawbacks to many of these drugs and, at least in my opinion, a person should carefully weigh the benefits against these drawbacks. It's also wise, again in my opinion, to look at other classes of drugs or even non-drug things that might work better given everything else. For example, while you can't take Valium anymore (I think that's what it was), there might be another benzo that would work for you that would both help the RLS and help the lows a bit without causing more problems. You might not get as much help during the lows, but it wouldn't exacerbate other things.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Ann
A lot to consider as I deffinately don't want it to get worse, in fact I have met someone this week on my walking group who has developed RLS and it is due to her antidepressants and when she takes her meds half an hour later the RLS kicks in and appears to be quite bad.

I'm going through a stable patch , ok a few blips , but nothing major, have been taking Omega 3 for the last 11 days and intend taking it on the high dose for next 11 weeks , is it helping ? I don't know , Is it just a good patch? maybe or am I wanting to beleive that Omega 3 works ......I don't know.Will ask my psych.

Got psychology appt quicker than I thought, waited around four weeks, it's on Thursday and am a bit nervous about going as it's someone new, not sure if he will be the one who will be helping me with my bipolar or not .....supose I'll know on Thurs.

Oops have deviated a bit , sorry

huggles
moonlight xxxx

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

So far, so good. Amazing, really, what a great experience you've had. WHile things haven't been perfect, you've found very good people to help you. That's truly a great thing. Let's hope he's one more of the same.

Managing Your RLS