Ibuprofen gel

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
pedrime

Ibuprofen gel

Post by pedrime »

Hi everyone--

I'd never heard of this until recently. Just thought I'd mention that it exists to anyone who has RLS pain and/or experienced relief from this in pill form. Here in the Cleveland area you can only get it at old-time apothecaries...few and far between.

Have a good evening!

Meg

spflo033

Post by spflo033 »

I've never heard of it before but I'd be interested in it. Ibuprofen in the pill form helps me out a lot and I'd rather use a cream then take a pill

ed2008

ibuprofen gel

Post by ed2008 »

hello, as a newbie, I must confess to being a pharmacist.

i have not heard of ibuprofen gel, but in the midwest a similar NSAID (non-steroidal anti-inflamatory drug), named ketoprofen, is prescribed in either a 10% or 20% gel. the compounding ingredients are a pain in the rear to mix (1 ingredient has to be kept refrigerated, and so the mixing bowl must be "on ice" when this ingredient is added). I will research this further to see if ibuprofen gel is easier to compound. whatever the answer, the truth is "compounding" pharmacy is almost a lost art. no time to do all the steps when you are staring at 100+ rx's and your shift ends in 3 hours. yes, the older apothecaries are your best bet for something like this.

Ed

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

E, Welcome aboard. We have someone else who is a pharmacist but I'm sorry to say I can't remember who right now. Anyway, glad to have you here and thanks for chipping in so soon. Where's my Aracept???

Best Wishes

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Hi Ed, welcome to the forum. It's nice of you to pop in and answer someone's question like that. Yes, we do have another pharmacist here. His name is Josh, and his screen name is Fidget Boy. It's always good to have knowledgeable people around here.
Susan