Numbness in leg

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
maddielouise1

Numbness in leg

Post by maddielouise1 »

Has anyone ever had one of their legs go numb (only for about 15 seconds usually). Is this considered an RLS symptom? It happens when I'm standing, sitting or even walking. Thanks! Maddie

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

No I haven't. That sounds more like a nerve being pinched in the spine or something in the brain. I would get that checked out by a doctor.
Susan

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

I have a leg that goes numb in certain positions. It takes a while to actually go numb, but when I move, it comes back in 5-10 seconds. It's a pinched nerve somewhere in my pelvis, according to my physical therapist.

If yours suddenly goes numb, that might be different. That might be cause for concern and some sort of scan to make sure you don't have a bad disc or something in your lumbar spine.

I don't think anyone else here has said RLS causes sudden brief numbness. I'm sure if they have, they'll speak up.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Although I experience occasional numbness it never seems related to rls. Think the pinched nerve idea may be a solid one.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Although I experience occasional numbness it never seems related to rls. Think the pinched nerve idea may be a solid one.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I know I've mentioned weird numbing incidents, however I don't have anything to link it to RLS in partciular, either.

maddielouise1

Post by maddielouise1 »

Thanks everyone for your replies. I'm thinking more along the lines of a pinched nerve too, although I expected to feel pain with that. Anyway, just thought I'd ask. I appreciate your responses! Maddie