Requip

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
BobbyD

Requip

Post by BobbyD »

Recent clinical studies indicate that requip is an excellent treatment for RLS in most cases. This seems to now be the drug of choice by neurologists. I am curious to hear the results in those who have tried it...what are the outcomes and what doses produced the desired results?

GaAudrey

Post by GaAudrey »

Hi BobbyD,
Don't know if you saw my post in another section, but I'm on requip and have been for a couple years now. It works for me, though I have had to increase the dosage because my leg kicks have started earlier in the day. I take .5 mg at noon and 2 mg at bedtime. This takes away all signs of leg kicks, however, I've recently found from reading things on this message board, that my dreaming may be because of my leg kicks.. Keeping me from getting the deepest sleep I need to recuperate like your body is meant to. I went to the doctor yesterday (my phyciatrist who I see for depression) and talked to him about changing the prozac to wellbutrin because I saw on here that wellbutrin was one of the few antidepressants that won't increase the kicks. Unfortunately wellbutrin and prozac aren't interchangable drugs and we had enough trouble finding an antidepressant that worked. He suggested I talk to my neurologist and see if the requip could be increased, so that's my next step. I'll let you know if that's what he thinks is doable, or if he feels I'm already at the highest dosage and maybe feels I just need to change meds. It may be he feels it has nothing to do with the requip, I just need something to help me sleep better. That's what my doctor at the pain center (who I see for my back) did. He gave me amitriptolin (misspelled?). Of course my phyciatrist took me off of it! My goodness I sound like a hypocondriact!! And I can't spell either! :lol: Anyway, hope this helps a little. Audrey

Post by Guest »

I have been taking Requip for about 1 month in .50 mg dose with .10 mg of Clonodine(Catapres) at 10:00 PM each night. My wife used to tell me that my leg kicked during the night, but she hasn't noticed anything for the last month. I hope my body doesn't acclimate to it forcing me into a higher dosage.

becat

Hi guest

Post by becat »

Hi guest.
Good that you've found something that has helped. We'll be waiting to here from you about the progress.
Requip is new enough we'll like to know how it works for you.
Be well.
Welcome.

Anonymous

Requip works for me!

Post by Anonymous »

My doctor put me on Sinemet for a while, but it didn't work very well. A few months ago, he switched me to 0.25mg of Requip, and it worked SOMETIMES to prevent symptoms.
During a visit to a pulmonologist for a sleep study (for sleep apnea), he suggested doubling the dosage to 0.5mg of Requip, and that dosage has been the solution. I've had no RLS symptoms, am experiencing more restful sleep, and wake up feeling refreshed.
My wife commented just this morning that since the dosage was increased, she hasn't had to wake me up to send me to the guest room!