The Wean

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Walking After Midnight

The Wean

Post by Walking After Midnight »

I can't think straight anymore, and can't see straight either. Plus, I have these periods of sort of nauseu, clamminess and sweats. Last night my pillow was visibly wet when I woke up in the middle of the night. I can't remember anything either. My vision is so blurry I have to wear my reading glasses all the time, but then can't see distances. I'm a mess and I'm blaming it on Lyrica.

So I'm weaning myself off Lyrica. I'm currently on 200 mg three times a day. I've been thinking of weaning...and lo and behold, the pharmacy only had 100 mg capsules so they gave me them instead of the 200's with instructions to take two three times daily. It'll be easier to wean now. I went straight down to 400...and see how it goes but the plan is two weeks or so at the most of a wean.

I don't know how my RLS will act. I ran out of Lyrica a month or so ago and was miserable, sick and RLS was in force running through my arms as well as legs til we were able to get it filled. An hour after I got it back into my system...everything was ok. This gradual wean should work better though.

Also, I gotta find a new Dr. I think I'm gonna try the brothers that Ann mentioned.

What do you guys think? Good luck right?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Always good luck. That's a given!

I hope that if you try the Marcottes that they you will like them as much as I did - just make sure to see either Gary or Trevor (father and son). At least one of the other doctors in the group is terrified of opioids and will not prescribe them.

Per the weaning...golly, it sounds like you are having a TOUGH time. I hope your plan works. I haven't ever been on Lyrica for a length of time, so do not have a clue as to what might happen. I hope that whatever it is, it's better than what you anticipate.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

WAM, Sound like a plan and I hope it works and you will feel better soon. I think the vision problems are a main problem with Lyrica.

Best wishes,

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

WAM loads of luck and hope you get through this on as easy a path as possible.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

jumpy

Post by jumpy »

Hello WAM...My pain clinic dr just weaned me off Lyrica. I was on 150 2xs a day. I was on it for over a year. He cut it back to 100 and then off over about a week. I did not have any problems and did not seem to need it. There may have about 3 days of nerves but that was manageable.

But then again, I have stopped Klonopin, Xanax and Lortab at different times cold turkey. And not had any side effects..Just me, I guess.

Good luck..Pat

WAM

Post by WAM »

Down to 200 mg of Lyrica a day. Today is the first day down from 300.
It hasn't been easy though I'll tell ya. And since I have 100 mg. capsules I'm gonna have to only take it twice instead of three times a day.
Already committed though. I swear I can already think better.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hey WAM, well done.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

Walking After Midnight wrote:What do you guys think? Good luck right?

I wish you continued good luck and I would like to add good favor to then give you "double action" vibes.

I think Gabapentin is similar to that and I used to take that and after a few increases it seriously gave me dead head and I was so glad I changed dr's who tried something different and to this date that double action has been kicking in with full force. Many happy returns! :)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

You CAN do it!!!!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

Did the meds DO that to you or is it because of the weaning.... I mean either way if that was happening to me I hope you have at least reported this to your doctor :shock:

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

WAM ... I've been a bit out of touch with everyone lately, i'm sorry i've only just caught up with this thread.

As someone who's "been there done that" with the weaning thing, I can only wish you the best and keep you in my thoughts and prayers. You have the strength to do it and the full support and prayers of every single friend here on these boards.

Congratulations on being able to handle the process so well so far; you're a trooper.

Hang in there mate!

(((((HUGS)))))
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

WAM, good luck with weaning yourself off the meds. I don't envy you having to do this. I hope all goes well.

WAM

Post by WAM »

Hey thanks everybody.
I'm seeing a new Dr. next Monday so hopefully things will get better.

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you WAM.