Itching with stopping Requip or starting Mirapex??

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Helen518

Post by Helen518 »

Hi all,

Has anyone experienced itching while coming off requip or starting Mirapex? at drugs.com it says that if you stop requip suddenly, you can experience etching, but I tapered off to .5 mg before stopping. (Saturday was my first day with no requip and I think I started itching on Sunday). I started Mirapex .5 mg at night last Wednesday.

To make matters more cofnusing, My 11-month old son is experiencing hives and itching which the pediatrician says are eczema . . . could it be something contagious or is it just my drugs?

Helen

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I can't say I've heard of itching when stopping it, but that doesn't mean much...

It is a bit of a coincidence, though, that your child is also itching. Hmmmm.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Helen518

Post by Helen518 »

ViewsAskew:
Thanks for the reply . . . Yes, it is a coincidence, but he has been breaking out and itching for about 6-8 weeks, and my husband is NOT itching. We both have been lathering him up with creams, so one would expect that both of us would be itching if it was contagious, I guess . . . UGH.

Helen518

itching

Post by Helen518 »

Well, we went to the dermatologist on Weds and it turned out my son had scabies. UGH! for 8 weeks the Pediatrician was telling us it was eczema. Now I read that scabies is often mistaken for eczema and that children under 2 ar emost at risk! shouldn't the pedicatrician have known that?!! All three of us did the permetrin treatment, and I am washing everythig in the hosue . .. got to dot he permertrhin again next weds . .

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I almost mentioned scabies...it is one way you could be itching and the other person in the house not doing so yet. I got it when I was in college and working in a mental health institution. My roommate was helping gives baths to clients with scabies. We went home for Christmas and then came back to our dorms. A month later, she started itching. Then, a month later, I started itching. It was driving us nuts!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.