Mirapex and dry mouth/lips

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
jupe67

Mirapex and dry mouth/lips

Post by jupe67 »

I have had RLS for 40 years--went on Mirapex in Feb--works well when I keep ahead of it..but have been experienced increasing dry mouth discomfort. Started with dry lips in afternoon and has progressed to the mouth and is an all day event. It is irritating, quite uncomfortable and is progressive... Nights are no problem i.e. no drymouth???

Any help out there?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hmmmm

First, sorry about the RLS and that you've needed to try drugs. Glad the Mirapex is working, though.

Not sure I recall dry mouth, but I could have forgotten. Did you happen to to a Google search just to see if it came up?

Has anything else changed in this period?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

mackjergens

mirapex/dry mouth

Post by mackjergens »

Here is a web site with Mirapex side affects and dry mouth is listed among others.

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/mirapex-side-effects.html

jumpy

Post by jumpy »

I have the dry mouth syndrome, just never made the connection with the Mirapex. I have an appointment next week with my gp. I'll ask. There is a brand of toothpaste, mouthwash and mouth rinse on the market. It helps a little. My dentist was the dr that brought my lack of saliva to my attention. Up until then I just chalked it off to something else wierd happening to me... I know I haven't posted for a while. Nothing new ..with the RLS..but many other problems with Arthur and a strange sinus surgery. The name of the toothpaste is Biotene. Hope this helps...Pat

jumpy

Post by jumpy »

Jupe, I told my gp about the dry mouth thing . He did not say what he thinks caused it. He gave me a prescription for Evoxac. I've only been taking it for about a week and so far may have a slight improvement. I have talked with several people that are also taking this and they say it works. Maybe it just takes a while to get started.

It's a small white capsule and you take it 3 times a day. Good Luck, Pat