darn!

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Momo

darn!

Post by Momo »

i augmented on Miripex. it was terrible. I need to be consoled. I am feeling depressed. This sucks.

Can you feel my optimism?

~Momo
Never go to a doctor whose office plants have died.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

<feel me rubbing your back>

It really blows, Momo. I am so sorry. I wish I knew why it happened. Some doctors think it's related to low ferritin, but if I remember, yours wasn't low. So, I'm not sure that's completely true.

At any rate, back to the drawing board, huh?

Did you at least get a few months of relief????? I hope so.

What's the doc's plan?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

That sucks... I hope you don't end up on opiates.. Being so young it would probably be a hurtle to even get them considered. How many meds have you gone through now?

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Yeah M it sux. But as others have alluded to... is there another plan on the table. If there is then that is the good news. If not then please don't let the current situation get you down to long and get back on the bandwagon with you doc to get another plan going soon. Again, loads of best wishes and get well soons! M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Momo, good luck
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

It happens now and then. Things will get better soon!

FidgetBoy

Post by FidgetBoy »

Momo-- before you get too depressed-- there are other options to try. I actually was treated with just 300 mg of neurontin every night for 3 years before my RLS worsened and it worked great. (And I had no augmentation) It doesn't work for everyone but it's an option...
Josh

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Ah, sorry Momo. It won't help you for the moment, but now at least you've done some of the due diligence that's needed for your doctor to feel comfortable trying other solutions. You two will figure out what works for you eventually, I'm sure. Just keep trying.

(Sorry, I'm a boy... not good at consoling.)
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.