Methadone with Vicodin for Tooth Extraction??

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Here is something I am an expert on. As someone who has had sever tooth pain and two emergency root canals (one over Christmas, couldn't get an appt for a week), pain killers didn't do much for the throbbing ache that was my jaw. What did help? A $4 tube of Ambesol or Oragel.

While at the drugstore waiting to get my Tylenol 3 with codeine prescription filled and browsing around I found and bought a tube of this. Rubbed a little dab of that on the swollen area and got more relief than from the Tylenol.

It was all of no use I eventually lost those teeth and now have two implants that replace 3 teeth. The dentist prescribed Vicodin for me, but I didn't even bother getting it filled. Just extra strength Tylenol worked just fine (the implants were just sore, not throbbing, much easier to take)