Another med bites the dust~anyone else experience this?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Jitterlegs

Another med bites the dust~anyone else experience this?

Post by Jitterlegs »

Well, now I am adding Lyrica to my list of will not take. I have taken it for 2 weeks. It made me a little dizzy and stumbly but not nearly as bad as the neurontin. So, I continued on with it. I thought it was helping me sleep better, but didn't seem to have an effect on my RLS other than I wasn't having as much pain. So, I increased it to 50mg and that was not good. WAY too dizzy for way to long, and no added RLS benefit. So, I went back to 25mg. I was woke up at 4 this morning, and while I was lying there trying to fall back asleep, my right fingers started twitching. I thought maybe I was lying funny because I was on my side--just like always. So, I rolled on my back, and it continued. Then I started to notice the "pins and needles" feeling in my hand and up my arm. Was I lying on it funny? It felt like it was asleep. The twitching did subside, but the pins and needles continued and even started in my left hand, but not as bad. I did fall back to sleep, but when I woke up the pins and needles were still there (along with the dizziness) and lasted until 10AM this morning--on ONE 25mg dose of Lyrica LAST NIGHT! I called and left a message this morning saying I was quitting the medication--TODAY. I didn't hear back. Surprise!! I sure hope I don't have another bad night like I did when I stopped the Requip!!

Anyone else have this or heard of this with Lyrica?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sorry you had that happen....must have been frightening.

I haven't heard much about Lyrica at all, but like many of these drugs, the list of side effects is staggering. Not sure if that is one of them.

I did have some tremors when I first started Mirapex, but nothing like what you're describing. I would notice it at the keyboard when thinking about what I was about to type. As my fingers hovered over the keys, they were shaking ever to slightly. It did go away. Not that that helps you any...

And, sorry they didn't call you back. What I'd give for a doctor that thought I was as important as I think I am

:lol:
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

zombie76

Post by zombie76 »

Lyrica did the same for me when I took it a few months ago. It did seem to help with the night time pain but didn't appear to help me get better quality sleep.
My right hand began twitching throughout the day when I was on it. As soon as I stopped, the twitching went away.