Methadone and Neurontin together?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Xarla

Post by Xarla »

Yes, I know what you mean by the "inside" twitching feeling. I am having that recently and its pretty scary. It's not really a muscle spasm and its hard to describe. I take mirapex and Neurontin.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Zach wrote:I have a high startle response, and it definitely will produce physical jumpiness, etc.. Usually when its a problem like startle response, you will know because it will always be associated with a sudden noise or disturbance.

Yeah, that's probably the opioids. I get a pretty heightened started response when my dose is at peak.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I actually haven't had a huge problem with it on most opiates, but the big issues seemed to be once again, when I was taking Tramadol. Especially after my seizure, it was just so ridiculous.

Someone opening my bedroom door suddenly would make me jump in my seat and then I'd have to fight to hide it so they didn't think I was crazy..

I think it has calmed down slowly, ever since I got off the Ultram, but its still there.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Aiken, I think "startle response" would be a term we are familiar with and one that maybe fits to some degree. So, I guess what I am saying is that it is like a very pronounced startle response without any outward physical manifestation. When I have them, I swear it feels like I am going to throw my are or my whole body will jump of the bed etc. But, nothing happens and the sensation is only inside. Kinda like a bad dream or something. hard Hard to explain.
Last edited by Sojourner on Sat May 30, 2009 5:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

X, Sounds like maybe we are connecting a bit. I also take neurontin but not mirapex.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I'm sure that there's some research quoted around here in this message board that links a heightened startle reflex to having RLS. I know that's true for me, and was long before I took opioids. If anything, it's settled down a bit now that I'm on methadone.

My kids used to take advantage of that startle thing and sneak up on me and make me jump out of my skin. :shock: Now my daughter has a crazy startle reflex and there are opportunities for payback. :wink:
Susan