"My New Symptoms" and "Opps!"

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
happyfeet

"My New Symptoms" and "Opps!"

Post by happyfeet »

Been gone awhile because, I have been going to sleep with no problems

HOWEVER,

within the last few months my symptoms have changed from just jumpy legs to...get this, this feeling pulses down my legs and my toes curl under AND THEN I get this pushing sensation like I need to "bear down", like you would if you were having a baby. I also make this intense "mmmmmm" sound.
If you haven't had a baby (and I know I haven't) just think to all those shows that have a birthing scene. It's pretty much like that. Except that my toes curl and there is no baby afterwards.

And the curling of the toes is INTENSE!

Tonight was really bad: I forgot to pick up my Ropinirole (2mg) and have been awake all evening. I mean, just look at the time! (on a positive note, I did get my laundry folded)
I did have a coffee this morning (Saturday) and it wasn't decafe. But the symptoms remain the same. Will be picking up meds as soon as store opens!

So anyone share the toecurlingbearingdownbabybirthingsounds symtoms?
Anything I write down is my own opinion and not to be taken seriously. Just ask my husband.

Neco

Post by Neco »

You know there is this show out there called "I didn't know I was pregnant"

heh.. Makes you wonder.

But that sounds horrible!! You should report this to your doctor ASAP if you haven't already..

The toe curling + vocalizing almost make it sound like a seizure, which is weird.

happyfeet

Post by happyfeet »

Zach wrote:You know there is this show out there called "I didn't know I was pregnant"

heh.. Makes you wonder.
But that sounds horrible!! You should report this to your doctor ASAP if you haven't already..
The toe curling + vocalizing almost make it sound like a seizure, which is weird.

HA! HA! HA!
Man that would be weird if I were really preg...wait...why is there water all around me? What's happening? :twisted:

Can symptoms change through the years? Does the medication change how your RLS reacts? I'm still having the leg thingy even now. I think the combination of caffine, no meds, and Sudoku really took a tole on me ( and I'm to tired to spell check)

All I know is at 10am (PST) I will be at the pharmacy, and hopefully asleep by 12n. Well there goes my day!

I'll call my doctor today. Thanks Zach
Anything I write down is my own opinion and not to be taken seriously. Just ask my husband.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I honestly don't know if symptoms can evolve against different medications, but I will also say I haven't ever heard of that happening.

It could be something else going on, an adverse reaction to your meds kicking in over time, or possibly the RLS itself changing and progressing as you age.

happyfeet

Post by happyfeet »

Stoopid aging!

Neco

Post by Neco »

Yeah I know... I miss my 18 year old metabolism and flat stomach :x

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am not sure if it's symptoms morphing because of time, or because of meds, but my symptoms have definitely morphed over the years.

Some people have no pain and then get it. I used to have only creepy crawlies, now I have three or four distinct symptoms (all that started while on medication) that include pain.

Happyfeet, I'm with Zacy. I'd head to the doc if I could. Toe curling birthing? Now, that's intense!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.