Naproxen coincidence?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
nephriticus

Naproxen coincidence?

Post by nephriticus »

I inured my leg recently but nothing serious enough to educe sympathy. For the reduction of inflammation I was prescribed Naproxen which I have been taking for four weeks. During this time I have experienced near-zero symptoms of RLS. Perhaps there is a connection or maybe, like PeteB, I'm experiencing an unrelated and bemusing but welcome relief from the RLS nemesis. Dunno.
Neph
Currently RLS free. Symptoms stopped almost abruptly after my long term, full time care giving duties ended with passing of wife. No stress, no RLS.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Heck, if that's true, I'll go buy a BIG bottle. . . How the heck are you Neph? Haven't heard much from you lately. Hope all is as well as can be.

Ann

SUGAR

naproxen

Post by SUGAR »

Hi, I was prescribed Naproxen by my doc because I told her I have a lot of pain, it hasn't helped and I think it actually made my RLS worse. I am having a lot of anxiety too so I am not sure which one it is right now, but it did not help with pain. She had me taking it twice a day..
Now she called me in some Amitryptaline(?) so we will see what helps, I could really use some actual pain killers though, not to sound like a drug addict or anything. Just some relief would be nice.

nephriticus

Post by nephriticus »

Hi, Ann

Don't buy that bottle yet. The final results have not been tallied.

I've been busier than usual, and my usual is on a par with a one-armed wallpaper hanger. Nothing particularly pendulous, pardon the alliteration. Working full time and being a caregiver to two family members and sometimes go-fer for a third who lives 35 miles away tends to make for a full schedule. When other to-do's pop up it tends to take large chunks out of small pieces of free time.

I have refrained from the Sinemet since about last Halloween. The brief but intense exercise routine I perform before bed has been working rather well. However, with the leg injury I was not performing the exercises but I have been simultaneously symptom free. Wish I knew fer-shure what affords me this respite so I could pass it on.

Hope you are faring reasonably well. I haven't been keeping up with the posts much lately.

SUGAR,

The Naproxen wasn't prescribed for the pain, but has seemed to moderately alleviate it. I'll have to wait and see if the RLS kicks in again after I quit taking it.
Neph
Currently RLS free. Symptoms stopped almost abruptly after my long term, full time care giving duties ended with passing of wife. No stress, no RLS.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Neph, I still dont' know how you do it. I guess you do 'cus there aren't many other options. I still say that you're an incredible man to do what you do and your son and wife are blessed to have you.

I'll be waiting to hear what happens with the Naproxen when you stop taking it. Glad to see you posting! Now, hopefully our other conference buddies will have some better times soon and will be back and posting, too.

Ann