article on withdrawing from dopamine agonists

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
doety

article on withdrawing from dopamine agonists

Post by doety »

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/12/healt ... updateema3

This is the link to a story in the New York Times today -- aimed at Parkinson's patients, but certainly applicable to us. It's about withdrawing from dopamine agonists, like Mirapex and Requip.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thanks Doety
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I wonder how much of that is withdrawing from a much higher dose than we use. I haven't heard many of us complain of any of that (thankfully!). I think they use many times more of it for PD than we use.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Sleuth

Post by Sleuth »

Last week I saw one of the doctors who wrote that. She thinks that Requip and Mirapex are "dangerous" drugs.

Dale