GOOD MORNING RLS

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
doety

GOOD MORNING RLS

Post by doety »

:x
Whenever my morning is (debatable), I am thrown out of bed with RLS. It seems to go on forever and may be my most hated time with RLS. I want to relax, meditate, read the paper, have some coffee!! But, no. I must run around like a fool doing all this physical stuff trying to make it stop. I actually can go to the condo pool and that makes it stop. Showers usually make it stop. But I"m like a whiny little child, stomping my foot. PLEASE can I just have a little peace in the morning?????

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I know exactly what you mean.

Now and again when I wake up and don't have to get up for a particular reason, and when also my morning rls is at peace...... what bliss. Like a gift. To lie and read my book for a half hour. :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Neco

Post by Neco »

It bugs me the most when I don't have to work some days, and I want to sleep in. So I usually try to sleep through it, or if it gets bad enough I'll just take a half a methadone and usually get to go back to sleep.

doety

Meth

Post by doety »

I did that a few weeks ago and I did go back to sleep for a while (and then the phone rang....). But I'm afraid of using it too much. Once I get over the hump of having RLS frantically in the morning, I can often go back to sleep if I lay down on the futon and watch TV -- Law and Order puts me right to sleep. And it seems that there's an episode on some channel any time of the day or night!

runkrun

Post by runkrun »

Doety, It's not uncommon to flip flop and have unbearable RLS symptoms during the daytime hours. Mine is at it's worse as soon as my feet hit the floor in the a.m., or if I wake up from a nap in the afternoon. So I pretty much chase the symptoms all day long, which does cause unwanted side effects from all my meds. I too have to exercise, take hot showers or use the hot tub to get relief. As far as the night time goes, as long as I take my Lyrica, Oxycodone, and Xanax @ about 7 p.m., my nights are pleasant.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I hate that! I like to wake up gradually and enjoy that morning sleepiness, but when the RLS attacks I'm out of bed and stumbling around in a half-awake state until it goes away. And somehow when I get a bad RLS attack, it comes with a sleepiness all it's own. All I want to do is sleep, but it won't let me. :roll:
Susan

Betty/WV

Post by Betty/WV »

I almost never have RLS in the morning. The mirapex seems to keep it calm most of the time. Sometimes it sneaks up on me. I would hate that, having RLS first thing in the morning.

BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand