Re: Mirapex to Requip

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Betty/WV

Re: Mirapex to Requip

Post by Betty/WV »

Hi Everyone: Question:::: I am taking Mirapex or Pramipexole the generic. Which, even though generic is SOOO expensive. And Requip, Ropinirole is very reasonable. I have part D coverage, which helps pay for my medicine. But once I reach a certain amount then I pay full price.
My question is---does anyone know anything about switching from one to the other. I now take 0.25 mg of Mirapex twice a day so what would be the equivelent in Requip.

Would appreciate any information.

Thanks,
BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I don't know the exact ratio, but I think Mirapex is 2-3 times as effective as Requip per mg. So you would probably switch to somewhere in the neighborhood of .5-.75mg. of Requip.
Susan