First Post & Augmenting

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
badnights

Post by badnights »

that scares me too; what if I can't get it? And I'm on hydromorphone so they watch me carefully; if I come in for a refill before the 30 days is up they don't want to give it to me. I told them I didn't like leaving it til the last minute, what if I had emergency travel or something? I've built up a little stash now.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

bethf wrote:that scares me too; what if I can't get it? And I'm on hydromorphone so they watch me carefully; if I come in for a refill before the 30 days is up they don't want to give it to me. I told them I didn't like leaving it til the last minute, what if I had emergency travel or something? I've built up a little stash now.

I'd have been screwed SO many times without that stash!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I've built up almost an entire full month supply of Methadone, including my 4 extra pill per week allotment I'm allowed over the past year or two.

I didn't even realize I was that close to having that much in reserve.

The number one thing that helps avoid Pharmacy BS on refills is talking to your doctor about it. In my case we bumped up the amount I was getting every month, to allow those extra pills per week + having an additional 4 pills per month dedicated to building a backup reserve.

If for some reason I need to wait for a refill, for any reason. I can just borrow from the reserve.

Mountain Woman

Post by Mountain Woman »

I did have the appointment with the new Dr, He was a very nice personable guy, that started out with all the right words, then we got down to business. His advice was people don't augement on DA's for about 15 yrs., and that I should just increase the Mirapex, mostly at night (more med means longer lasting!?) then it would last all night. At the end of the appointment, I asked if in fact I am augmenting, would he help with stopping the DA, and he said that I would just have to cut back, for a week or so, and suffer, then go back on it, and it would work just fine. Well, so much for his experience with RLS. It's so hard to keep meeting with these Drs, and only have them turn out like all the rest that are not educated on this condition, and claim to be experts.
I have had things calm down for now, and still waiting for the MJ card.

badnights

Post by badnights »

ditto on the "spooky if you can't get it". It scares all of us, I think. I think just about everyone tries to build up a stash to have on hand for emergencies.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yep.... I got my stash.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Post by badnights »

something is screwy here. I did not post the "ditto on the "spooky if you can't get it". " reply to this thread - I posted it to a totally different one, which I can't even find now. Naturally the thread I was replying in had a "spooky if you can't get it comment" - - I don't understand what my reply is doing here or where that thread went. I know it was 5 aM after a sleepless night but I thought I was pretty alert ....

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Beth.

Regarding your comment that you did not post the 'ditto/spooky' reply - sleepless night but thought you were alert.

Please, please don't think I am suggesting that the following is what happened to you, but I thought I'd mention something, from my own situation - last night at midnight I took my sleeping meds as usual.

Zopiclone/Lunesta only gives me about 2 hours sleep so doc has prescribed an antihistimine to take along with it to give a 'boost'. (fortunately the antihistimine does not seem to affect my rls.) With the 'boost' I get maybe 4 - 5 hours in two or three broken sections, if I'm lucky.

My usual pattern is to sleep about 2 hours, up an hour, sleep an hour, up again etc. etc. not maybe exactly, but something similar.

Some weeks ago I decided to keep a sleep diary and set it up on the computer. Sometimes I update it in the morning, sometimes even as the night is progressing. Last night my first sleep was 12.30 - 2am, and shortly after 2am I entered this information in my sleep diary.

This morning I wakened as hubby was getting up at 8am and I dosed again until 9am.

I definitely know that I was in and out of bed last night but for the life of me haven't a clue what went on between getting up at 2am and then wakening at 8am. I know I made a drink and ate cookies but have no idea when during the night it was. There have been times when I have had to make a guess when marking up my diary, or can't recall if 'that was last night... or was it the night before ????'

Some time ago I remember posts about Ambien and Lunesta affecting recall and people doing things that they didn't remember.

Again, please don't be thinking I am suggesting that you should be doubting yourself with regard to your posting.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

bethf wrote:something is screwy here. I did not post the "ditto on the "spooky if you can't get it". " reply to this thread - I posted it to a totally different one, which I can't even find now. Naturally the thread I was replying in had a "spooky if you can't get it comment" - - I don't understand what my reply is doing here or where that thread went. I know it was 5 aM after a sleepless night but I thought I was pretty alert ....

Yikes....

Although I can honestly say I've come back after a late night post and found it different than I remembered.....the opioids definitely cause me to have memory issues.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.