Lyrica

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
jrowley

Lyrica

Post by jrowley »

Hey all haven't been here in some time but I wanted to know if anyone has used lyrica for their rls
Jan :roll: Can't wait to sleep!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hi Jan,

Several of us have used it, some successfully, some not.

It doesn't work for me, but I don't have painful RLS. There seems to be an indication that this class of meds works better for those with painful RLS.

It does, however, help me sleep through the night. I'm hungover the next day and my brain doesn't work, but I don't wake up!

The search function could be better, but I imagine you'll find several posts about it; also could use the term pregabalin in case anyone used the generic name.

Glad to see you back.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

Thanks Ann...I was wondering because if it is an option then I may fight harder with the insurance company to pay for it...we don't or can't get a generic yet here as there isn't one in the US but I am wondering if it is worth taking. My insurance won't pay for if the doc writes it to be used for rls, which by the way mine is a painful type, but if they write it for fibro which I don't have maybe my insurance will pay for it so I can see...I am so over the legs and it is just getting worse with nothing helping and I am reaching for anything to help me sleep :( Anyway how are you doing..It is good to be back I miss my rls friends :D

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

My last visit with Dr Buchfuhrer, he had samples of Lyrica and gave me some. Wonder if your doc would have any so you could try it before you fight the insurance company?

It was so nice to see your name. I love it when people come back after an absence, though I wish none ever had to.

All is same with me - still working to get the RLS under control and get sleep. I wish it had changed substantially, but, alas, no.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

Yea my Dr wanted to give me samples but they are not getting them anymore :( I wish he was so I could at least see if its going to work before I spend the money to get it through my insurance...He does have samples of cymbalta have you used that??? and if so how did that work for you...

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Cymbalta is unlikely to help RLS, unfortunately. It's an SNRI and helps anxiety. Not the same class as Lyrica.

Gabapentin might help, though.

What are you taking now?

Managing Your RLS

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

Tried gabapentin :( no help...so discouraged

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Lyrica is not all that different from gabapentin chemically, so it may not help, either.

What's been happening? I can't remember what you were taking before...

Managing Your RLS

jrowley

Horizant

Post by jrowley »

Yay I am so excited about this new approval for this drug...I want to kow if its on the market yet and if anyone has taken it????