Gabapentin AND Wellbutrin?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Gramma Ellie

Gabapentin AND Wellbutrin?

Post by Gramma Ellie »

I have finished my first 18 days on Gabapentin, but had to stop and drop back from my 300 in AM, 300 in afternoon, and 600 at bedtime. This had worked very well for about 6 days, and my twitches were completely quiet and my nocturnal leg cramps were nearly gone.

I had a bad side effect, though, of anxiety, depression, and a jittery feeling. My neuro had me drop to 300 at bedtime, and that seems to have fixed it, but the twitches and cramps are starting up at around 4 or 5 AM.

My question is whether Wellbutrin would help or hurt if we added this to my mixture of drugs. I would like to have something to give me more energy and to counteract the sexual side effects of Gabapentin.

Anyone here try the combination of these drugs. Or is there another drug that would help with sexual disfunction? I'm a Grandmother, but I'm not dead yet. :D

Thanks!

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I have never used Gabapentin or Wellbrutin. Wellbrutin is not licenced for use as an AD here in the UK, so can't comment on these drugs but just wanted to say.. ..........I agree with you.... We may be Granmas but we still got some go in us.... we just want a bit more !! :wink:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

The sexual side effects of some of these drugs is awful - I truly am mad about that!

There's nothing I know to keep you from using them together, but I'm certainly not a pharmacist or doctor.

I think with any anti-depressant it's more about finding the one that works for you individually. Some may worsen RLS, but it's not the same in any of us. Wellbutrin usually doesn't, so it's a good first choice, but don't feel it's your only one.

While it can cause insomnia in some, another option might be tramadol; it often helps lift mood and controls mild RLS.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

veldon7

Post by veldon7 »

I take Wellbutrin and it doesn't cause me any sexual disfunction. Most of the other Anti-depressants I took did. My legs have been jerking alot lately, but I think it's from all the Caffeine I've been having, good luck! :)

Mountain Woman

Post by Mountain Woman »

I started taking wellbrutrin about 6 months ago to help quit smoking,and I think depression according to my family. It didn't do a thing to help the smoking, but improved the mood, anyway my new nerologist started me on taking gabapentin, and I am up to 400mg a day, and it hasn't stopped the Rls, only made me sort of off center all day. I don't think it is causing any interaction with the wellbrutrin. I have been on the gabapentin for over a month. I am also on the hormone Covaryx and highly recomend it for excitement.I am a great grandmother. Only drawback is the facial hair, Ugh