Weight gain from Mirapex

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
carolsond

Weight gain from Mirapex

Post by carolsond »

I've taken Mirapex for my RLS for about 8 years and I've gained abpit 30- [pounds. Has anyone else taking Mirapex gained a substantial amount of weight from it?

I have trouble getting into my slacks and I worry about getting heart disease, diabetis. camcer. etc/ I recently had a hip replacement and broke my femur about 2 months after that so I can't walk a lot or d a lot of exercise right now. I try to walk as much as I'm able however.

I'd really like to get off the Mirapex. I think it's lost quite a bit of its effectiveness. I'd like to try acupuncture, however, my insurance won't pay for it.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

I augmented really quickly on the Mirapex so I can't speak to that, but wanted to add that if you can set up a Flex Spending Account or Health Savings Account, you can use pre-tax money for the acupuncture.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Blueh2ofalls

Post by Blueh2ofalls »

I was on escalating doses of mirapex for 1 1/2 years, and in that time frame gained 80 pounds. Even though I have stopped taking he medication, I am still struggling with the weight. Wish I had a better story for you.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I gained weight, too.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.