Savella

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Rubyslipper

Savella

Post by Rubyslipper »

I know some people have posted before about having fibromyalgia along with their RLS. I have had it for several years but seldom took anything for the pain. Just this week I broke down and asked the doctor for something besides the Tramadol I have used in the past. It just didn't work. So today I pick a sample pack of Savella. Side effects (among several others): anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, difficulty sleeping, RESTLESSNESS!!! This from my doctor who has been so helpful with my RLS in the past. I don't know what to do. I guess I will try it and see. Sometimes the side effects listed are worse than they really are. But bottom line is--I would rather have the pain than the RLS.

So, has anyone else used this drug? Will let you know what happens.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Just did a search on here and found a little information but nothing too recent.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I also have fibro and would agree that I would rather tolerate my sore hands/swollen knuckles and body pain that have my WED worsen. Tramadol does not help my fibro either.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Neco

Post by Neco »

If you want to treat the Fibro pain you are probably better trying something like Lyrica, which was recently approved for Fibro.

It might even help with the RLS hopefully.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Thanks! I did take it last night and this morning. Feel okay right now but also realize might take awhile before the side effects make themselves known. I do know that until a couple of hours ago, my fibro pain was still with me.