Follow-up question regarding Requip discontinuance

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Polar Bear

Re: Follow-up question regarding Requip discontinuance

Post by Polar Bear »

My best wishes are sent your way as you work to get the requip out of your system.
I've been on it 4.5 years and at times would like to see what it would be like without it and using something else.
When you were taking the requip how much did you take each day.

It must be such a relief to get your prescription this morning.
At present how is the hydrocodone doing with your symptoms.

Well done you for getting this far. You are nearly there.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rlsidaho

Post by rlsidaho »

The hydrocodone is working well. I'm back to being able to sleep through the night (except sometimes waking up for another dose). The only part I don't like too much is that it makes me a bit woozy during the day but I'll take that over the RLS feeling any day!

Initially, I was on 1 mg of Requip but after about one year it stopped working at that dose and higher doses gave me nausea, so I switched to Mirapex .5 mg. the Mirapex worked well for the next 4 years but my doctor (previous doc) switched me to Requip XL when I began to augment on the Mrapex. The Requip XL made the augmentation even worse and that's when my new doc suggested that I discontinue it altogether. I've tried, gabapentin, clonodine, baclofen, etc... All to no avail. Nothing worked.

jstep

Post by jstep »

Rlsidaho,

I cringed when I read your post. I have had many nights from hell as have probably everyone here, but I can't imagine going through a night like you had with nothing to give me even a short respite. Certainly hope having your prescription filled this morning has given you some much deserved relief.

Really glad to hear about your appointment at the Mayo Clinic. I have just seen a new doctor recommended to me and was very happy with him after the first visit. I have every confidence that he will be able to help me come up with a workable solution for my symptoms. I hope you have the same experience with the doctor at the Mayo Clinic.

My thoughts are with you and I sincerely hope you don't have much longer before the Requip is out of your system.Hang in there, and as Beth told me, be gentle and kind to youself and don't let others expect too much from you right now.

Jamie