rls-wed and drugs why now?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
rthom

rls-wed and drugs why now?

Post by rthom »

I had a day yesterday that might have been the first in my life that i remember with minimal symptoms. It was hard to figure because the only difference seemed to be an increase in the re-quip (2mg) Anyway i go to bed and awaken an hour and a half later with horrible symptoms. Can this be from better care in other ways--diet etc.? Otherwise i just don't get it--i went from bliss and hope to nuts in 90 min. Everything during that day should have helped --I was more care full--from stress to diet. Is it a sort of with drawl response--change unappreciated by my system? Anyone relate?

cornelia

Re: rls-wed and drugs why now?

Post by cornelia »

In my view this has to do with the Requip increase. When you have a better night because of this increase you had a better day too and your symptoms didn't really start.
However, my neuro told me a long time ago (and I was looking blankly at him at the time) that with 24/7 the RLS symptoms have to come out anyway. So if they are for one reason or another not there when they normally should have been they start later anyway (in the evening or at night). That is what I have been noticing myself quite a few times. In fact, when my symptoms all of a sudden are mild during the day I know I am in for a bad attack in the evening and/or at night.
I know this sounds a bit crazy, but it might be true waht my neuro said.

Corrie

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I find that there is little rhyme or reason with WED symptoms.

You felt you had benefit with the increase in Requip dosage.
I wonder when your symptoms kicked in, would that have been when your dose of Requip would
have been wearing off.

All can be going great, symptoms are responding to medication and good lifestyle as we would hope
and we have a feeling of having some control..... then wham... from nowhere the
control has gone, the WED is going mad, and once again its back to clocking up
miles as we pace the floor waiting until they subside. I put it down to having a 'bad day' and hope
that in general there are more better days than 'bad days'.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

You felt you had benefit with the increase in Requip dosage.
I wonder when your symptoms kicked in, would that have been when your dose of Requip would
have been wearing off.
I wasn't sure if it was the requip or not, i just noticed a few times in the evening that my legs seemed quieter. I also wondered about stress decrease (a difficult dog went home) things like that--just was having a better day. Anyway I took my meds and got to sleep and a few hrs later I was having not such a good night :thumbdown:

So being less than 4 hrs since I took it it shouldn't have been wearing off--especially since it was an increase dosage. The second night with the increase.
I've been watching for comments since the post and finally figured that i might have to re-fresh the page---dah!!! :clap:

rthom

Post by rthom »

Thanks Corrie, that's certainly something to watch for. I should have said a few hours at the end of the day, anyway because they were a lot milder I was trying to be careful not to get all fired up--"wehew, I'm going to be cured"--just in case it didn't hold or quit improving. I wondered at the time if they were better or if something i was doing was just helping me not notice. Thus the question. I have noticed in the past that it's best to keep your mind on anything but the rls. I'm not sure how crazy what your neuro said sounds but it's sure disappointing. well here's to proving him wrong eh?!!! :mrgreen:

In my view this has to do with the Requip increase. When you have a better night because of this increase you had a better day too and your symptoms didn't really start.
However, my neuro told me a long time ago (and I was looking blankly at him at the time) that with 24/7 the RLS symptoms have to come out anyway. So if they are for one reason or another not there when they normally should have been they start later anyway (in the evening or at night). That is what I have been noticing myself quite a few times. In fact, when my symptoms all of a sudden are mild during the day I know I am in for a bad attack in the evening and/or at night.
I know this sounds a bit crazy, but it might be true waht my neuro said.