Horizant

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Pairodocs

Re: Horizant

Post by Pairodocs »

I've been looking for someone who has taken Horizant. I couldn't take Gabapentin or Lyrica due to excruciating headaches. After a month I finally gave up and we started decreasing the dose. I was down to a child's dose when the headaches finally stopped, but it wasn't effective then either. I'm hoping that the more even release of Horizant might reduce the headaches. In the writeup on www.rxlist.com, it doesn't list headaches at 600 mg as being any higher than placebo.

jy13131

Post by jy13131 »

I took horizant.....my last med before moving to opiates. It actually seemed to help with my symptoms and may have worked but I had a peculiar side effect that was NOT going to work. It acted like an amphetamine and I became impulsive, compulsive, talkative, zippy and.....as my fiancé described....turned into a TWEEKER!! Other than that...I think it may have alleviated symptoms similarly as lyrica. Doesn't take them away completely. I'm on methadone while I take my requip holiday and it works very well for even stubborn WED symptoms.
jy13131

charles

Post by charles »

jrowley wrote:Ok you all...there is a drug study going on here in Michigan...I have decided to join the study....something has got to work to give me some relief from this crap....I so hate my jerking and the pain now I can hardly stand it...so wish me luck i am a bit nervous yet excited at the same time that I get relieve from this :D

I totally agree , it's doo doo . According to the pharmacuetical industry (WEB MD) they are approx two years from developing a specific WED drug. What you are doing is one of the ways they develop new drugs.
Let us know what happens.

badnights

Post by badnights »

According to the pharmacuetical industry (WEB MD) they are approx two years from developing a specific WED drug.
Wow. What are they targeting, I wonder. They don't even know what causes it yet.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

badnights wrote:
According to the pharmacuetical industry (WEB MD) they are approx two years from developing a specific WED drug.
Wow. What are they targeting, I wonder. They don't even know what causes it yet.

Agreed!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

bryher

Post by bryher »

Pairodocs wrote:I've been looking for someone who has taken Horizant. I couldn't take Gabapentin or Lyrica due to excruciating headaches. After a month I finally gave up and we started decreasing the dose. I was down to a child's dose when the headaches finally stopped, but it wasn't effective then either. I'm hoping that the more even release of Horizant might reduce the headaches. In the writeup on http://www.rxlist.com, it doesn't list headaches at 600 mg as being any higher than placebo.

I have been on Horizant for about 2 months now and its definitely has been helping. I dont think it would work by itself, though hard to tell b/c I augmented. Right now I'm taking it with Requip with the goal of getting off requip for a period. in the end, i think it will still be a combination of horizant and something else.