coversyl

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
rthom

coversyl

Post by rthom »

Anyone have any experience with coversyl? I hav't had much luck checking it out.

ViewsAskew

Re: coversyl

Post by ViewsAskew »

Just in case anyone else is curious, it's not an RLS/WED med, so nothing new for us to try. It's for hypertension.

I've never used it, so can't be of any help.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

was curious because something is helping the wed and have 3 possibles, so thought it might be assisting

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It could be! A few other drugs that people use - like Clonidine - just happen to help some people. And, Clonidine is for high-blood pressure. Clonidine hasn't been found to help a lot of people, but it clearly helps some. Maybe you're "type" of WED is responsive to this class of medication. And, maybe because this is such a new medicine, it will eventually be found to help more than a few random people.

Make sure you tell your doctor if you think it's helping. It's anecdotal reports like yours that cue doctors and drug manufacturers to test drugs for new applications.

Most of all - glad something is helping!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

rthom

Post by rthom »

good idea, i'll try discontinuing the others and see how much if any it's helping first. Want the info to be "true results" or as true as i can get it. thanks again :wink:

badnights

Post by badnights »

ouch. you have to balance your desire to know for sure, with your health. Is it worth this experiment? you could, after all, just tell your doctor it seems to be helping, instead of decreasing RLS meds that are definitely helping. You're not at a point where you've had plenty of sleep for lots of nights and can therefore afford to experiment like that - my gut reaction, I might be wrong, also I'm probably too late :(
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rthom

Post by rthom »

that's a thought thanks for the reminder, it's an important thing to consider.

jstep

Post by jstep »

Just wondering, Randy,

Have you been able to tell if it has been helping with RLS?WED? I do hope you are still noticing improvement with your symptoms :)

Jamie

rthom

Post by rthom »

:clap: actually things have been unconventionally quiet here

jstep

Post by jstep »

Glad to hear it. Quiet can be wonderful. Hope you continue getting whatever relief you can. You deserve it.

Jamie

rthom

Post by rthom »

ty