Oh goodness......now HIVES!!

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
jy13131

Oh goodness......now HIVES!!

Post by jy13131 »

Is this from the methadone? It started when I began hydrocodon about 3-4 weeks ago and has gotten worse when switching to methadone. Tonight my whole middle body is covered! Anyone have this and does it tend to subside? Don't get me wrong....it's a cakewalk compared to WED but could also do without!
jy13131

rthom

Re: Oh goodness......now HIVES!!

Post by rthom »

I get a bad rash with hydrocodone--not the same as hives--but similar--anyway it is large and grows until i get off the medication--however this rash tells me that i have poisons in my system and my body is not dealing with it well--so i need to either quit ingesting the poison or clear the blood to help the body deal with it. Maybe a thought for you?

jy13131

Post by jy13131 »

What is the thought for me? I didn't really understand.
jy13131

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Have you looked at a a side effect checker? I know I get itching from opioids - always have - and it is maddening - but never hives.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I think that Randy is suggesting that if the medication is causing it that it means the medication isn't good for you - that it's like a poison in your system.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jy13131

Post by jy13131 »

Oh thank you! Yes then randy that makes sense. Hives could also be from hormones.
jy13131

jittery girl

Post by jittery girl »

ViewsAskew wrote:I think that Randy is suggesting that if the medication is causing it that it means the medication isn't good for you - that it's like a poison in your system.

All meds are a sort of "poison" in your system. The trick (in my opinion) is determining the risk/benefit of any given drug. Tramadol give me lumpy bumpy skin on my forearms. I am sure it is a reaction to the Tramadol, but NO WAY am I giving it up to make my skin better!
However, hives is a different type of reaction, one that could be an inflammation. The user should check with the doctor but weigh the benefit.
"Life is a process. Your participation is required."

charles

Post by charles »

jittery girl wrote:
ViewsAskew wrote:I think that Randy is suggesting that if the medication is causing it that it means the medication isn't good for you - that it's like a poison in your system.

All meds are a sort of "poison" in your system. The trick (in my opinion) is determining the risk/benefit of any given drug. Tramadol give me lumpy bumpy skin on my forearms. I am sure it is a reaction to the Tramadol, but NO WAY am I giving it up to make my skin better!
However, hives is a different type of reaction, one that could be an inflammation. The user should check with the doctor but weigh the benefit.

Think about the drugs out there now for WED:
Dopaminergic Agonists , Anticonvulsants , Hypnotics , Tricyclic Antidepressants , Antiparkinsons agents , serious stuff.
If I had to make a choice (and I did) between suffering the unmedicated effects of WED and taking hydrocodone , I would certainly choose hydrocodone.

jy13131

Post by jy13131 »

Update: all side effects have gone away! I am on a minimal dose of tramadol 50-150 Mgs, hydrocodone 5 I think, and 5-10 Mgs methadone per 24 hours. It is working very well and everything was good until I had to stay up all night for work on Tuesday. Will take a minute to get back on track.
jy13131