Neupro scarring

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
bndickman

Neupro scarring

Post by bndickman »

I started using Neupro (one mg/24hrs) two months ago with good results. (I have had RLS for 20 years and have gone through all other medications, including the narcotics, which cause severe breathing problems for me. I also take Lyrica.) I have hypertrophic scarring at two sites as a result. I am very careful to rotate sites and keep a written record of the sites I used. The latest site has scarring and itching in a pattern AROUND the former site of the patch! The scarring and itching started only after a day or so after removal of the patch. I am subject to hypertrophic scarring at incisions, but have never had such a reaction before. Anyone else have anything similar?
Bernie D.

Polar Bear

Re: Neupro scarring

Post by Polar Bear »

About 3 years ago, just out of the blue, I developed a reaction to the adhesive of a sticking plaster,
Now, after giving blood the nurse uses micropore on the site.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

I can't use any of the patches because they cause my skin to peal off under them, it's impossible according to the medical profession but it happens un my back where I have no feeling and was not even aware of one (the allergist thought he'd try something), by the next day I had a flap of skin hanging there--very disturbing. Anyway--goes to show--anything can happen it seems no matter how unlikely. Now I take their rules about what is or is not possible with a grain of salt.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I've not used the patch, but have had issues with adhesives, too.

Wow - I just found this very fascinating site - live doctors waiting to answer questions about Neurpro???? http://www.patientsville.com/medication ... ffects.htm
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

langley103

Post by langley103 »

I'm 50 and remember symptoms back to age 16. Never knew what it was until 2001 when I was diagnosed with MS. Anyway, have tried lots of things and I go to doctor at Duke. At appt this month, he suggested Neupro. I tried to switch from Mirapex and have been suffering every since. Didn't work for me. I was semi managing and now from 7p - 12p, I'm miserable. I was able to exercise prior to the switch. I only tried the switch for 7 days; just couldn't take it anymore and it's still bad. Just wish it would stop. Was so hopeful the patch would work. I hope the patch will work for all of you who are experiencing good results. I wish this on no one!

rthom

Post by rthom »

Hey Langley103

So sorry you are having it so hard and not getting relief with your meds. We are glad to hear from you here though. Did any of you relatives have it too? :roll:

bndickman

Post by bndickman »

Both parents had RLS. Now my niece (brother's daughter), 26, has it.
Bernie D.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Is the patch still working for you? How is your scarring? What does you gp say about the scarring--allergie, intollerance or something else? It's interesting and great to hear that the neupro works well for you. :-)

bndickman

Post by bndickman »

I stopped immediately, since scarring is forever.
Bernie D.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Hummmm must have been a hard call. :roll: