Feeling Very Discouraged Tonight

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
debbluebird

Re: Feeling Very Discouraged Tonight

Post by debbluebird »

I won't do that. If I were having severe pain and couldn't walk because of the knee, I might do something. But for now it can wait. Thanks, DEB

majoraward

Post by majoraward »

debbluebird wrote:I won't do that. If I were having severe pain and couldn't walk because of the knee, I might do something. But for now it can wait. Thanks, DEB

That is entirely up to you. I hope the pain goes away long before your insurance kicks in. :)

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I just wanted everyone to know that for a couple of weeks now, I am sleeping better. I made another change in the meds and I wanted to make sure before I said anything.
I'm now taking Mirapex 0.125 mg, once at night I was taking it every other night.
Methadone 5 mg, twice at night
Gabapentin 600 mg, twice at night.
I'm also sleeping in the recliner, which seems to help for other reasons. My arthritis.

DEB

majoraward

Post by majoraward »

debbluebird wrote:I just wanted everyone to know that for a couple of weeks now, I am sleeping better.

I'm also sleeping in the recliner, which seems to help for other reasons. My arthritis.

I used to wish for success, wealth, and fame but anymore a good nights sleep beats them all.

As far as the recliner goes they are pretty comfortable :D I usually fall asleep in mine every night and then head off for bed. I also (I just woke up from inbetween writing this and so I'm off to bed!) Take care and I wish you many nights of restful sleep.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

For whatever reason, I just can't get used to the recliner, and we have two of them.
As soon as I get the foot/leg bit up and the back rest adjusted..... I feel like I am trapped.
And of course, there is no dignified way to get off a recliner :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

My husband and I slept about 11 hours last night, with two times up to the bathroom. I think we were both waking each other up before, for different reasons.
Right now I seem to have a balance with the meds. YEAH
DEB
Last edited by debbluebird on Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

majoraward

Post by majoraward »

debbluebird wrote:My husband and I slept about 11 hours last night, with two times up to the bathroom. I think we were both waking each other up, for different reasons.
Right now I seem to have a balance with the meds. YEAH
DEB

Wow! I don't ever remember getting that kind of sleep. Congrats.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Enjoy it as long as it lasts....and hope it lasts a long time.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I had a difficult day and evening yesterday. I was beginning to wonder if I'm starting to augment with the Mirapex. But also realized it could just be my back. It is acting up again with spasms. I could hardly walk this morning. I've always felt that my back was related to my WED/PLMD. I've noticed through the years that when some joint or my back is acting up my legs will start in. My mobility has been decreasing during the last two years anyway. So if my back is going to be bad for awhile it's not going to be pretty.

DEB

badnights

Post by badnights »

Ah gee Deb, I hope it changes for the better.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

My back spasms were really bad last night when I got up to go to bed. I couldn't walk by myself, even with my cane. Got into a hot tub which helped. Leg jerks weren't too bad yesterday. This morning leg jerks woke me up. That hasn't happened in awhile. So I know everything is stirred up. With it being so cold right now, and snow on the ground, I"m staying home. Not going to go anywhere for awhile.
Also have decided to start following a renal diet. My kidney function is not so good. I think it's from all the meds that I've taken. I need to loose weight anyway, from the Mirapex.
Got an e-mail last night A friend of mine died of cancer. That makes two friends and three family members who died this past year.

DEB

rthom

Post by rthom »

Geez Deb, I hope this improves for you soon. I'm having trouble with my back pain too--I swear sometimes the WED and Back issues agrivate each other. I use a tub when the spasms are bad too, find it helps better than most things. It's hard to want to get into the tub sometimes though when it hirts so bad--goodd you do it anyway :thumbup: . I had an aquaintence tell me once (theatre producer-so he deals with alot of people trying to work in pain) When things get too tough go back to nature--go back to water, no matter what it is. As I've thought about it through the years it's a very sound piece of advice, helps temperment, pain etc....
Sorry about your friend. It is so hard watching those we love leave us behind. Keep in mind there are alot of friends out there you've never met. We sure appreciate you here.
My son came over and told me last night he has started himself on a cardio program because he needs to loose weight. He's funning from the bus station home-a good idea given the distance (not too much ot too little) and a gentle grade uphill. The snow no and again will provide variety in difficulty and intrest. Given he's set out a distance it should be easy to stick too--like a goal being achieved each tme he does it. Maybe something in his idea will help you. Just a thought. Take care today, and don't forget to stretch. :mrgreen:

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Stretch is about all I can do ! lol

DEB

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

""Lots of friends out there we haven't yet met"" - I haven't heard that in a wee while.
Nice to be reminded of it.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Back spasms are over, as of last night. Thank goodness. I decided to start a water aerobics class for seniors today (it should be easy). I could only do about half. My hip just couldn't do it. I can really see the progression of my hip. I need to exercise. I always have until recent times. So of course now I can hardly walk. My arms are ok. We did a lot of those. I just jumped and moved for the legs. I could do my left leg. I've got to loose weight. The mirapex and gabapentin just don't make it easy. I was starving yesterday. It's better today. I am determined to get weight off no matter what. Only thing is, I may be up tonight. Oh well.

DEB