Dying from insomnia

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
mich711

Dying from insomnia

Post by mich711 »

I get between no sleep whatsoever to up to 2 hours a night. This has been ongoing for almost 5 years, and recently gotten worse. Insomnia was because of other reasons initially, but now it's most defintely due to severe RLS and PLMD. I cannot handle medications....they made me psychotic (had hallucinations and other disturbances). I am only drinking herbal tea, which of course if too weak for my severe problem. I am dying....I get virtually no sleep 6-7 days a week. I need help badly. My husband has had enough of this illness...He'sm given up on me. He doesn't care anymore. And, I have to take care of a 4 year old and a 16 month old. I'm isolated from family and friends. Can anyone help me in any way they know how? Other than the standard home remedies, what can I do? I'm desperate.

becat

Hi Mich

Post by becat »

Hi Mich,
I knew there was someone else that needed an answer. I'm so sorry I didn't ealier.
Ok first ((((((((Mich)))))))) you need a hug and a good long nap.

I was where you are a year ago. I have no idea how our bodies make it on that little sleep. Not to mention that your brain will just shut down, even if your not ready. What your talking about is dangerous.
You gotta get yourself to a sleep doc.......You can't expect that you aren't causing yourself more damage due to sleep deprivation. I can tell you my body just started failing slowly but surely. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you aren't going though already.

You have RLS and PMLD, ok what is your doc doing to help you. Why only the herbal tea? I know, I read what you said and if your not ready to talk here in a post......please PM me on this site. There has to be something the doc can do to help. Standard home remedies simply do not work for many of us after a certain level of RLS OR PLMD. I'm so sorry to say that out loud, but it's the truth. Ok, so ANY medications or just the ones you've tried already. There are so many to choose from. Different types and strenghts. Let's do some research.

I do know how you feel. My children are 17 now, but when they are little and you need your family most to be around.....well tough is the nice word to use. Being or feeling isolated makes it all seem so overwhelming. Again, I was there so many years ago. I'm just sorry anyone else has to go through it. Yes, you need sleep and you need to be healthy for those kiddos. Your not a bad mom. You worth any help out there.

I hope you know that you can count on us to support you in any way we can. Your not alone now, you have us on your side. We'll figure this out.
Hang in there. We here, multiple and supportive.