How does Miramax make you feel?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Lovechild4

How does Miramax make you feel?

Post by Lovechild4 »

I am currently on Ultram and Neurontin for my RLS, but I want to get off the Neurontin because it does not help, and try the miramax or what it is called. I was just wondering if someone could tell me how it makes you feel?

Heronak

Mirapex

Post by Heronak »

Hey there Love Child,

I've been on .5 mg Mirapex for almost a year now with decent results. I take it 1-2 hours before bed and can usually get 5-6 hours of half decent sleep. It makes me feel sleepy, no other side effects.

I do ocaisionally increase the dose to 1.0 mg if I haven't slept in awhile. I have not had any augmentation like I had with Sinemet, thank goodness. Hope you find relief,

Heron

jrowley

Post by jrowley »

Mirapex didn't work for me it kept me awake tossing and turning and then the pain got worse with it. But let me tell ya I was praying for it to work.
Jan :roll: Can't wait to sleep!

chirpee

What Mirapex does for me

Post by chirpee »

I started out taking .5 mg of Mirapex. I am now up to 2.0 mg and my pain only worsens with it. I was wanting to give it a good try because it is the only medication that has worked for my mom (she has been on MANY!!!). Guess I'll try something else.

Wish you luck with it though!

Chirpee

Anonymous

Re: How does Miramax make you feel?

Post by Anonymous »

Lovechild4 wrote:I am currently on Ultram and Neurontin for my RLS, but I want to get off the Neurontin because it does not help, and try the miramax or what it is called. I was just wondering if someone could tell me how it makes you feel?

I've beeen on mirapex for about 6 months so far and I couldn't be happier with it. It totally shuts it off completly, and have no side affect eithor. I am lucky, some people have problems with it? I take .25 mg. at night and a 1/2 of the 25m. after lunch (when I took the whole .25 during day it made me very tired, so the Dr. said to take 1/2--worked like a charm) I love it, but like I said I think I lucky...

jennever

Post by jennever »

I've been on Mirapex for just over a year now. I take .125 mg twice a day and as long as I take it when I'm supposed to, I have no problems at all.

I feel very lucky after hearing some of the other stories here on this board. I've also had RLS ever since I can remember, but didn't have a huge problem with it until the past 5 years or so. When it first started getting really bad, I didn't have insurance, so I never went to the doctor about it, but doing my own research I learned what the official name for my "twitchy legs" (and occasionally "twitchy arms") was.

Finally last year, I got a new PCP and brought it up to her. First she told me to do these silly leg stretches before bed (which didn't help a bit). Then on my 2nd visit to her, I found out her nurse has RLS too. She was told by another patient that taking Vitamin B6 helps a lot. I tried that, and it didn't help enough to make a difference in my (lack of) sleeping. Finally I went back and said I couldn't take it anymore, I needed something that would actually help. That's when I first got Mirapex.

Right away, I learned the hard way that taking your doses too close together can cause awful side effects. I had hallucinations and extremely vivid dreams on 2 separate occasions. I learned quickly though, and am extremely careful to let 8 hours go by before taking a 2nd dose.

Also missing 2 doses causes my RLS to come back in full force. I find that when this happens, it's worse in my arms than my legs. So of course, I try not to miss a single dose.

I'm so glad to find this forum, and to see I'm not the only one.