Zyprexa miracle

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
tedzbear

Zyprexa miracle

Post by tedzbear »

I have a miracle to report. I have developed severe restless limb syndrome mostly in my upper body since 2004. It may be caused by arthritis in my cervical vertabra which pinch the nerves that go into my arms and upper back, but nobody is sure about that.
I've tried everything, even Requip which I hate.
I started taking 5 mg of Zyprexa for anxiety (worsened by not sleeping enough) and I am pleased to report that it cuts through the restless symptoms and puts me to sleep with 7-8 restful hours every night. I wake up refreshed and ready for the day.
This has been going on for over a week now so I feel it's safe to say I've found a solution!!!
Has anyone else tried Zyprexa?
Thank God it works for me.
:D

rthom

Re: Zyprexa miracle

Post by rthom »

Great news, I'm so glad you've finally found some relief!

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

This, and other antipsychotic drugs, almost always make WED worse. That it helps you is wonderful. Why, I'm not sure!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Whatever works! :clap:

onestrapaway

Post by onestrapaway »

That's awesome you found something that works for you. I wouldn't be brave enough to try something known to make WED worse. I am paranoid about stuff like that because I have had too many bad experiences with bad drugs in the past several months, either making WED worse or making me feel completely out of control and suicidal.

It just shows we are all different and what may not work for one person, may work for another. I wish you continued success with the Zyprexa! :D
Feel free to ask me anything,
Karen a.k.a. "Onestrapaway"
(It means I'm just one strap away from the straight jacket being completely on!)

"Get busy living."

QyX

Post by QyX »

I had Zyprexa 3 times for a couple months up to over 1 1/2 year.

I was able to sleep with Zyprexa but in the end it caused horrible mood swings, depression and tolerance.

badnights

Post by badnights »

I think this example shows how sensitive WED can be to stressors. If we're depressed, or anxious, as so many of us are, the WED symptoms are worsened. It's a trick to know which to treat; I often hear of depression easing up once the WED is treated, but it can work the other way around, too, as it seems to have for tedzbear: the WED eases up once the anxiety is treated.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.