Buspirone (Buspar TM)-Relief or not?any experiences?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
labrat

Buspirone (Buspar TM)-Relief or not?any experiences?

Post by labrat »

Iwas wondering if anyone else had experienced RLS symptom relief/lessening with Buspirone HCl-I've taken it for almost 10 years now and at first didn't realize it was helping until my wife mentioned after one week on the medication that I was no longer "shaking the bed all night" and keeping her up but she had actually heard me snore for the first time.
Unless I'm under excessive stress or consume caffein or other stimulants such as ginseng or a lot of chocolate, the most common reminder that I still have it is slight foot sway when I cross my legs.
:) :) :)

becat

Hi

Post by becat »

Hi And welcome labrat,
I'm really interested to hear how you do on this medication. Gosh, I was on this stuff almost 15 yrs. ago and think I did well on it. It was the only time I have ever used any medication for overall mood reduction...LOL I honestly think at the time it did well by me. But I had no idea I had anything other than growing pains then.

My only thought about how it dealt with my RLS is, I honestly could not tell you. I would consider myself very managable at that time with RLS.
So my interest is peaked with your post. Please do someone if you know add your thoughts.

I'll be waiting to see if you do well with it. Please do let us know.
Glad to have you here, sorry you had the need. But Welcome to you now.