need an opion or many

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Penguinrocks

need an opion or many

Post by Penguinrocks »

Since Doc has agreed to wean me off of Effexor XR (YIPPEEEEE) I would like opinions on whether or not I should start the Wellbutrin.
Is it necessary to be on an anti depressant? RLS says to stay off but Fibro says to go on.
waaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh, i are confused!

Love ya
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Sara

Post by Sara »

Hey, Dawn--

I don't usually read the Pharm Ther. section, because I am not on meds for RLS, and have tried hard to stay off meds for most other things, too, as I'm very very very chemically sensitive in all ways, so Rx or OTC meds usually give me a whole slough of side effects (usually worse than what they were meant to 'cure'.)

I noticed, though, today that no one posted to this, and I was surprised. Have you made any decisions?

I can't recall if you and I talked about anxiety/depression/etc. before or not. But I have a chronic anxiety disorder, and periodically someone tries to put me on meds for it. The one time I went on meds, it was horrible, and I've resisted since then. But there ARE other methods that (even the worst b**** psychiatrist I ever went to admitted) CAN help with anxiety and depression as much (or sometimes more!) than meds... if you are commited to them.

Not sure I recall what all you were on the Effexor for or would go on Wellbutrin for, and I know you have fibro, which changes some of your lifestyle issues. But if you ever want to discuss this side topic, DO send me a PM, and I'll get back to you.

I believe I've had this anxiety disorder my whole life, and WILL have it the rest of my life, to one extent or another... so I cannot see sentencing myself to being medicated the rest of my life. I just can't. My choice... yours may be different. But it's something that I and some other anxiety sufferers I know have thought about long and hard, so if anything we've found, thought about can help you, I'd be happy to do so.

BIG hugs to you, my favorite penguin. :D

Sara

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hi Sara!

Due to circumstances beyond my control, i HAD to take the wellbutrin. The Effexor REALLY knocked me for a loop and even though I did the weaning off process, i was still dizzy after I was finished with the pills. I can't remember how long I had been on it, but I guess it really messed me up. Now on the Wellbutrin. Don't know if it's helping with the depression or not, i am crying an awful lot, but that's the stress and the jerk at work.

I sure am a thankful Penguin that I found all of you!

Loves
Dawn
Beware the Penguin