Pramipexole

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
doety

Re: Pramipexole

Post by doety »

I was going to take something, not sure what. I've got Tylenol 3...300/30mg.
also Tramadol 50 mg
Methadone 5 mg
I remember doing this long ago, getting off Mirapex using Methadone, and it worked.

I want to start tonight -- I just had a wonderful 5-week, 4000 mile trip around the South to see friends, old colleages and family. I was able to do pretty well, for some reason I can't fathom. But it's horrible right now.
My good doc is out of town until Monday, but I'm sure he would give me the okay.
I'll try the Methadone...but I'm thinking that's not quite enough.
Thoughts? (thanks Ann)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Methadone was enough for me. I used 10 mg and it worked fine. I didn't need anything else. BUT - that was before I had tolerance to the drug. Now that I take 20 mg routinely and 25 on severe days, my guess is that I'd need more.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

doety

Post by doety »

I took 15 mg of Methadone last night. whew...barely slept at all. The upside is that I get so manic I become a cleaning machine and my house has started to recuperate from the 45 days I was away from home. I also took half of a .25 Mirapex tablet. Tonight, I'll try another opiate I have, in an effort not to become dependent on something else that I have to withdraw from. My doc won't be back until Monday, but he works well with me and I had told him before I left that I needed to get off this stuff. Last night I also took half of a .25 Mirapex tablet and I'll do that again tonight. Then, I won't take it at all (that's what I meant by cold turkey -- just stopping the Mirapix altogether, rather than tapering. So I decided to taper just a little).

doety

Post by doety »

I'll try to post on here daily for a little while--in case someone else is interested in at least how one person makes the transition off a DA (to what??? hell, I don't know). First night, I took .25 of Mirapex and 15 mg. of Methadone. I didn't sleep. Taking any Methadone is a scary proposition because of all the trouble I had getting off it. Second night, I did the same thing, slept really well, but now I feel rather logy, a very familiar feeling.Tonight? Maybe just 10 mg of Methadone and .25 of Mirapex. I think my hobby is withdrawing from drugs.

doety

Post by doety »

I meant that I took 1/2 of the .25 Mirapex tablet. Whatever that is.

doety

Post by doety »

Night three: took 1/2 of a .25 Mirapex and 2 of the Methadone (5 mg) tablets.
Got really bad WED in the evening and didn't sleep 'til midnight, and got up at 7:30. But it's not horrible. I always have the memory of getting off Suboxone -- 9 days with no sleep. On my recent trip across the country, spending time with friends and family, I realized how many things I've forgotten --
I only have a couple of the Methadone tablets left, so I'll need to try something else tonight.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Good luck tonight :)
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

doety

Post by doety »

I've just taken the Mirapex (1/2 a .25 tablet), but not sure what else to take tonight. I'm thinking not Methadone, need to stop that. What about Tramadol? These tablets are 50 mg. ????

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I use tramadol to supplement my Requip. They help during the day but at night I need the addition of at least 30mg cocodamol.
However I am not trying to reduce my Requip which is a bigger step.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

Tramadol does not do much for mine anytime--so I'm not sure how much it will help either---here's hoping it helps you.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

doety wrote:I've just taken the Mirapex (1/2 a .25 tablet), but not sure what else to take tonight. I'm thinking not Methadone, need to stop that. What about Tramadol? These tablets are 50 mg. ????

I find tramadol works great during the day, but it's never touched my nighttime symptoms. I've always needed oxy, methadone, and so on.

Have you explored the patch yet, Doety? If you can go two weeks without pramipexole and use methadone, you likely won't have to withdraw from it (not saying for sure, but most doctors use 2-3 weeks as a minimum before any potential dependence). Then you could try rotigitine. Many doctors say that they are not seeing nearly the same amount of augmentation with it.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

doety

Post by doety »

no sleep last night....I used Tylenol 3, didn't touch it. I'm so afraid of Methadone and it makes me groggy. I've never heard of rotigitine. Looked it up, see that it's a DA. Is it related to Neurontin?

rthom

Post by rthom »

did the T3's keep you alert at all?

doety

Post by doety »

I wasn't clear. Last night I took the smaller amt of Mirapex and a Tylenol 3 (300/30mg). I didn't sleep at all. Not sure what to do tonight. If I'm going to be miserable I might as well stop the Mirapex totally. I hate what Methadone does to me; I've tried oxy before and it was awful too. I don't know what to do. On Monday, I think I can talk to my neurologist.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Most of us find that going cold turkey works better, but you have to have something to take instead. I don't know, since you say you can't take Methadone and Oxy. I'm so sorry for your situation. Have you tried Lyrica or Gabapentin to add to the Tylenol 3 ?