Lyrica or pregablin

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
rthom

Lyrica or pregablin

Post by rthom »

Has anyone found Lyrica or pregablin was keeping them awake?

badnights

Re: Lyrica or pregablin

Post by badnights »

opposite. made me sleepy.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

rthom

Post by rthom »

Story f my life--the meds re-ct opposite to me than expected== :roll: :(

QyX

Post by QyX »

I have some experience with Lyrica. At first it was making me awake, created some kind of mild euphoria. Later it was making me a bit tired.

After all this drug was not helpful and possibly worsening my symptoms.

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Lyrica really contributed to my memory loss plus hallucinations I think. It's really hard to remember. But I do remember it was bad for me so I stopped it pretty soon after starting it, probably a couple of months.

badnights

Post by badnights »

The anti-convulsants can have some pretty scary side effects.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

XWelcome

Post by XWelcome »

My Neurologist put me on Pregabalin and it made me really sick so I stopped and called him back and ask for a lower dose. He reluctantly gave me a prescription but said that I should be able to tolerate the original amount. In the mean time I got my Marijuanna and started using MJ and it worked like a miracle for about 4 days and then stopped working so I have been trying different products and I am doing better but I still new some prescription drug. I tried the Pregabalin again and was sick for the three days I took it and three days after I stopped. Last November I augmented on Gabapentin and got off of it. I know the oxycodone will stop my RLS as I tried it and it worked. I have taken everything Ropinrole, Neuro Patch They kept increasing the dose until I was like a zombie. I don't know how he will react if I ask for oxycodone. Has anyone else gotten sick, as in just not well, on Pregabalin. I don't know what my next move is if he doesn't approve an opioid. When I took Gabapentin I had to stop driving because I kept falling asleep and it didn't help my RLS. On MJ I can now drive Just have to watch when I take MJ. On the MJ I get RLS during the day and night but I am sleeping better. How can I find a doctor who would prescribe opioids.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

There are several things that you can do to find a doctor that will prescribe opioids, but be prepared to travel some.

1. If you are within several hours of one of the Foundation's Quality Care Clinics, that would be your best long term option. The clinics all prescribe opioids and are staffed with doctors who truly understand RLS. You can find the clinics at https://www.rls.org/treatment/quality-care-centers
2. You can call every neurologist in your area and ask to speak to a nurse. First ask the nurse if the doctor has experience treating RLS patients with augmentation. The answer should reveal a lot about that practice. Then ask if the doctor is willing to prescribe opioids for chronic conditions.
3. Check with the neurology department at the nearest major medical school or teaching hospital. The doctors at these facilities are covered by the hospital's insurance and are usually much more willing to prescribe opioids when they are necessary.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

MJDK

Post by MJDK »

Will the quality care centers prescribe opioids even out of state? Emory is close to me - but I'm in Florida.

Rustsmith

Post by Rustsmith »

Under normal circumstances, doctors are generally not allowed to prescribe opioids outside of their own state. I believe that this is part of the DEA regulations. However, during the recent Foundation Patient seminar, several of the doctors indicated that with the emergency measures during Covid, that they are allowed to prescribe in neighboring states IF they have first seen a patient face-to-face. I do not know if this applies between Georgia and Florida. Your best bet is probably to call and ask one of the nurses.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

MJDK wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 12:03 am
Will the quality care centers prescribe opioids even out of state? Emory is close to me - but I'm in Florida.
How far of a drive is it to fill it in Georgia? Not ideal at all, but maybe an option until you find someone local?

For about ten years, I flew to CA to see Dr. Buchfuhrer once a year. His staff would mail me the scripts via FedEx. But, I moved to CA several years ago, so no idea if that would work now. And, before I that, Dr. B would talk to my local GP, who would prescribe them. The opioid crisis stopped all of that, though.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS