Welbutrin keep you awake?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
rthom

Welbutrin keep you awake?

Post by rthom »

Has anyone tried Welbutrin and found it keep you awake?

Polar Bear

Re: Welbutrin keep you awake?

Post by Polar Bear »

We don't get Wellbrutin here in the UK as an antidepressant, it is only available here as Zyban for smoking cessation.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Not that I noticed. It did affect my mood in a negative way - but that's just my experience and doesn't mean it would affect anyone else that way.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

I know some people make the mistake to take it at night instead of in the morning, so if you take it at night this might help. I have lerarned this from dr B's Q&A pages.

Corrie

rthom

Post by rthom »

The pharmacist told me this is a side effect. I don't understand how this drug is supposed to help WED or sleep issues if the side effect is keeping you awake.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

What has it been prescribed for - specifically ?
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

rthom

Post by rthom »

The WED to help me get some sleep apparently

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

We have been discussing this in another thread and it seems that at present the answer is to try the Wellbrutin and see how it goes.
If it works, great.
And stop immediately if there are any indications of anything negative.
Betty

rthom

Post by rthom »

yes, greed. this was to be about the drug itself not my s...

veldon7

Post by veldon7 »

Yes, it can keep you awake. I was taking it only in the am and a NP at my job said don't take it at night, she said it can cause rapid heart rate and insomnia. I stopped it because my heart rate and BP were up. Side effects can be drowsiness or insomnia, but it kept me awake more than made me sleepy.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

It seems strange that a medication can make you either drowsy or an insomnia.......opposite ends of the spectrum. Nothing ever seems to make me drowsy.
Betty

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

rthom, when I mentioned previously about this being discussed in another thread it was so that anyone interested could go read it.. It was no reflection on any discussion or post in this thread. No criticism was intended and I apologize if it sounded as such.
Betty

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

Yes, Wellbutrin is slightly stimulating so it can keep you awake, and increase anxiety if you are prone to it. I took it for ten years and didn't have any issues with either, but plenty of people do.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.