Can't take Lamictal anymore

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ViewsAskew

Re: Can't take Lamictal anymore

Post by ViewsAskew »

I've done equally wacky things...for me it is a non-acceptance of life as it is, vs.l life as we want it to be. But, that's me :-).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

That is an interesting insight.

So maybe it is a reflection that I'm utterly overwhelmed with life right now and I'd like to drop everything and do something else. Sort of the grown up version of dropping out of school to roam around Europe. Except I'd be dropping out of school to get a job. LOL

Or it could be that I am in denial about how WED has affected my life. I'm honestly not sure if I could hack a 9 to 5 job again...it's been a few years since I've had to do that, and I was literally killing myself to do it, but that was teaching, and the mental and physical demands of teaching all day are head and shoulders above any other job I've done.

My husband is pretty excited at the possibility of me dropping out of school to get a job - the extra money would be nice, but more than that, I think being the only serious income weighs on him more than he would admit. It would be nice to go back to the days of my salary being enough to at least keep up afloat if something were to happen to his job.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Or it could be that I am in denial about how WED has affected my life. I'm honestly not sure if I could hack a 9 to 5 job again.
. If you're anything like me, that would be it. And the denial is causing me great grief.

So - given the research you mentioned and the fact that you've had opiates in the past, maybe the nicotine craving is exceptional, and opioids would be an acceptable alternative for you! Especially if you could alternate them with something. I would love to say Lyrica, because you haven't tried it and because it doesn't make everybody fat and because even if it did, it wouldn't if you alternated it - but I have not heard of severe WED being relieved by Lyrica alone (remember my thread asking if anyone successfully used nothing but an anticonvulsant).

OK, maybe not Lyrica. Maybe alternate two different opioids.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

I have taken 100 mg Gabapentin the past three nights and the grogginess is awful! Although it *is* nice to fall asleep at a decent hour. Opiates are looking better at this point.
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Chipmunk wrote:I have taken 100 mg Gabapentin the past three nights and the grogginess is awful! Although it *is* nice to fall asleep at a decent hour. Opiates are looking better at this point.

yeah, that's how it was for me. Dr B swears that you need to give it a couple weeks and it DOES go away for most people.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

Ok, I'll give it a couple weeks before chucking it! :-)
Tracy