Help for constipation caused by opiates

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Chipmunk

Help for constipation caused by opiates

Post by Chipmunk »

The link to this product is worth sharing just for the reviews - I was laughing so hard I was crying! But the intestinal effects might be helpful for those of you on opiates...just make sure you start with one or two gummy bears, not a handful! :lol:

Haribo Sugar-Free Gummy Bears
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Re: Help for constipation caused by opiates

Post by Polar Bear »

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

jul2873

Post by jul2873 »

I also laughed so hard I was crying. Thanks for the link! My daughter is going to send a bag to her old (much hated) boss.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I sent the link to my family - it really was funny reading the reviews.

My best friend and I cut out ALL sugar - even catsup or anything with it in it - about 20 years ago (and pre-internet and easy ordering online). We both seriously like candy and sweets. At the time, we were roommates, just out of college. After about two months of trying to find alternatives (not so easy back then) we found a candy store with sugar free candy. We went crazy and bought a LOT of it. We ate quite a bit on the way home. Thankfully home was only 15 minutes away and we had two bathrooms.....we needed them for quite awhile.

Sugar alcohols don't bother everyone - and different ones are more problematic than others for some people. We sure learned our lesson that day!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.