Checking In

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
doety

Checking In

Post by doety »

Haven't checked in for a while -- and that's good news. I struggled so hard to get off various meds in the last two years, the ones that were augmenting, and making my life miserable, and I couldn't be happier for things to go well (right now, I'm rotating various drugs, including a mild opiate each night, also lifting weights three times a week and trying to get in aerobics every day). I still have the application to take part in the Johns Hopkins clinical study and cannot make myself fill it out. I don't want to be miserable again. Maybe later.

But here's something incredibly weird. My ex-husband of 41 years ago lost his wife this past summer. He wanted his kids (including my daughter) to come to his home in Wash State -- and he even invited me. Turns out he has both WED AND sleep apnea, like I do. What is the chance of that?? When we tried to watch a movie at night, half the time one of us was up walking. At least we understood.
(Actually, that part isn't right now -- I'm having a nice break for some reason.)

I know where this is going with my daughter. But all the recent studies and activities surrounding "our problem," give me hope.

Wish everyone a restful, calm holiday.

ViewsAskew

Re: Checking In

Post by ViewsAskew »

Very glad to see a good news post. You deserve it.

How interesting! My mom swears my dad (deceased when young) had periodic limb movements. My mom does not. Of course, I have both, lol. I know my mom feels that maternal guilt at times. I wish she didn't. She didn't decide out the DNA combined! I hope you don't feel guilty, either.

It must have been nice to watch a movie with someone who understood.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Does it reflect how common WED actually is? Or do we somehow choose each other. Probably a coincidence.

My ex has it too. Pretty mild, though. It re-enforced my subconscious belief that everyone had it: because the first person I was intimate with long-term had those yucky feelings at night, too, I sort of assumed everyone did and didn't think about it much anymore.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

doety

Post by doety »

Oh Lordy. Maybe it's catching.

badnights

Post by badnights »

:lol: oh no that would be dreadful
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.