Affect of diet?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
doety

Affect of diet?

Post by doety »

About six days ago, I went on one of those commercial diets, where you check in a lot, drink shakes, eat a certain diet and this particular diet has tons of supplements. My sleep has gone to hell. I had a pretty good thing going with various meds, and now I just lay there and eventually get WED.
I usually end up with 3-4 hours of not-good sleep starting about 4 a.m. Now I wonder if I'm allergic to something in the supplements. or something. I'm getting wacky.
Has someone else had experience with this?

ViewsAskew

Re: Affect of diet?

Post by ViewsAskew »

People say all kinds of things bother them that they ingest, so seems possible. I've had the impression that some supplements bother me, but it's so hard to be sure, that I can't say definitively. I don't change anything that I know of - it gets better, it gets worse. I change something, it gets worse or it gets better.

Who knows.....

And, yes, I feel as defeatist about it as it sounds! But, maybe not so much defeatist as accepting. The hard part is knowing whether it's worth changing or if you're just chasing your tail!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

doety

Post by doety »

My opinion totally. maybe, maybe not....who the hell knows?

QyX

Post by QyX »

doety wrote:My opinion totally. maybe, maybe not....who the hell knows?

Maybe you can go back to your normal food routine for 2-3 days?

When you feel better you have some evidence that the food may be behind the worsening of your symptoms.

doety

Post by doety »

I finally got some sleep last night. I had just been a zombie for days - and I do think we're dangerous when we go out having little sleep. I talked to the diet people yesterday and we agreed I should just stop all the supplements. Whether that's what made the difference, I don't know.
I know it's not the food, which is very healthy, so seems like it has to be the supplements. I'll check back in after a while, and tell everyone how it works out.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Good luck, I hope you keep ok and can find an answer.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

doety wrote:I finally got some sleep last night. I had just been a zombie for days - and I do think we're dangerous when we go out having little sleep. I talked to the diet people yesterday and we agreed I should just stop all the supplements. Whether that's what made the difference, I don't know.
I know it's not the food, which is very healthy, so seems like it has to be the supplements. I'll check back in after a while, and tell everyone how it works out.

There is a supplement that is marketed to stop WED that consists of amino acids and stuff. They send you a ten day trial. I know my WED was worse when I took it....I just can't prove that was the cause! But, I never finished the trial!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.