My pharma diary

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
ViewsAskew

Re: My pharma diary

Postby ViewsAskew » Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:19 am

Increasing my vit D was very helpful. Mine was 5, IIRC. I was very depressed, too, when it was that low.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

legsbestill

Postby legsbestill » Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:42 pm

Hopefully improving the vit D situation will have a beneficial outcome all round. It would be very interesting to hear how things continue for you. Interestingly, I got very low during the last week - it all felt hopeless and miserable and I couldn't really account for it as hadn't had dramatic change of meds or other lifestyle factors. Mood lifted greatly yesterday and I am just thinking that I found my bottle of Vit D tablets on Friday and started taking them again.

badnights

Postby badnights » Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:51 am

I've been taking 3000-4000 IU D daily for a quite a few years now. When I first started, I unintentionally stopped or reduced twice, and both times my symptoms (at first) stayed at the same level so I figured I didn't need D - but that was only for 2 or 3 weeks, then my symptoms began to increase in severity. I finally realized it might be the D after all, re-instated it, and didn't notice any improvement for 2-3 weeks, after which things improved. This happened both time.

My conclusions from the unintended experiment were that it takes a while for vitamin D to build up or deplete enough to have an effect, but it does have an effect.

I have done the same thing with iron. Form me, it makes its absence or presence felt within two or three days.
Beth - Wishing you all restful sleep tonight
WED/RLS AUGMENTATION:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6532&p=61601#p61601
Discussion Board Moderator's posts don't reflect the RLS Foundation's opinion & are not medical advice

QyX

Postby QyX » Wed Mar 15, 2017 5:01 pm

So taking Vitamine D was a game changer. I feel so much better now. Especially oversleeping the day and all this tiredness has gone away. This makes me very happy since quality of life has improved dramatically. Also the whole way I feel is much better now. Less anxiety and less tension.

For the RLS, it is better now then it was in February. I mix opioids 2/3 Morphine and 1/3 Oxycodone. This seems to do it. Neither Oxycodone or Morphine alone seems to work but since I started mixing it together I am almost symptoms free again.

Polar Bear

Postby Polar Bear » Wed Mar 15, 2017 6:02 pm

QyX you sound so much better today, I hope this adjustment lasts well for you.
Betty
http://www.willis-ekbom.org/about-rls-wed/publications
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

badnights

Postby badnights » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:06 am

How long did it take for you to notice it?
WED/RLS AUGMENTATION:
Discussion Board Moderator's posts don't reflect the RLS Foundation's opinion & are not medical advice

QyX

Postby QyX » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:54 am

badnights wrote:How long did it take for you to notice it?

I had first effects after 4 days or at least I think I did. Some days later there was a setback and I doubted the improvements had anything to do with Vitamine D but after two weeks of supplementing I consider the situation stable.

When I was younger I always loved playing computer games, shooter and especially racing games. It was no fun to play video games in the past 3-4 years. I thought I finally grown up or so but I always felt some interest underneath but no energy, no motivation.

Since I take Vitamine D it all changed. It is fun again and I bought a wheel and pedals to play racing games.

And there are many other little areas where my life improved. For example talking to people became easier with less anxiety and more energy. And for sure I look better, more awake and focused.

In the end this all adds up so that I can say that my qualify of life has significantly improved.

badnights

Postby badnights » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:49 am

That sounds a lot like Ann's experience. Interesting to know it can take effect fairly quickly. Thanks.
WED/RLS AUGMENTATION:

legsbestill

Postby legsbestill » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:59 am

That's great news QyX

Return to “Prescription Medications”