Suboxone - Living on the Edge

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
debbluebird

Re: Suboxone - Living on the Edge

Post by debbluebird »

Glad all is well.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:Glad all is well.

Yesterday got rather bad. By 9:30am pain medicine had totally worn off and oxy did nothing. Called doc and they talked to doc who said there was nothing to give me because Suboxone nullified effects of narcotics. I was so ticked off I threw phone across room and dented the wall with it. Someone from doc then contacted my wife. Ended up just taking ibuprofen. Not enough though so used mj alternative. Actually worked and slept well. Woke up refreshed and feeling better. Wife had to go down and buy 3" x 4" self adhesive pads for stomach cause it is draining but I'm doing ok now. Pain yesterday was something I hope never to repeat.

I found a 12 hour white noise video on YouTube today and just slept like a baby for an hour listening to it. Amazing, it made me sleepy almost instantly. Everyone with RLS and tinnitus should check it out. I have it on now and the background noise of it makes it seem like my tinnitus is not there. Seems to sooth restlessness to, remarkable. If I can get my wife to do it I may leave TV on all night to see if it helps during sleep.

Video called: 12 hours of white noise by DRMedia.cc
:-)

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I downloaded some 'noise' onto my Kindle and find it pretty soothing.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I got over 7 hours sleep last night and slept 2 hours during the day yesterday too. My body must need the rest to heal itself. I am glad the Suboxone is working well, maybe better than anything else I have ever taken for RLS. It seems to continue to work better all the time.

As far as the hernia surgery I feel really well for a bit, like I am going to go immediately back to work and then I realize my stomach is hurting and I feel like hell again. I am being extremely careful not to do anything around the house and my wife has been watching out for me too because I tend to forget that I need to take it easy.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yep. Have to be careful not to undo any of the good surgical work.
It's nice to hear good news.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Good, glad it's going pretty well.

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

Eefall, I'm pleased it is going well for you including Sub.

Do you know which dosis is seen by dr Early as the maximum dose for RLS? Maybe if you continue to do well for a longer time other patients can benefit too.

Corrie

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

cornelia wrote:Eefall, I'm pleased it is going well for you including Sub.

Do you know which dosis is seen by dr Early as the maximum dose for RLS? Maybe if you continue to do well for a longer time other patients can benefit too.

Corrie

I am taking 4mg of Suboxone a day but I know he would have given me more because he mentioned I might need it. I imagine 8mg would probably be the max but I don't know for sure. I would have asked for more than 4mg but I found a way via Internet to take the strips that make the dose stronger. I wouldn't doubt that I am taking 6mg to 8mg now by taking the 4mg strips more efficiently.

The strips dissolve in mouth under the tongue and then that is about it with the instructions that come with Suboxone but the advice on net mentions that if you leave it in mouth for 15 minutes (without swallowing) and move the med around within all parts of mouth with tongue that more gets into bloodstream. Also to wait another 15 minutes after swallowing to eat or drink anything. The entire process takes 30 minutes but It works. I even use a 15 minute timer twice to make sure I am always doing it the same.

I read that only 15% of the meds in strip usually get into bloodstream and it is designed that way but this method allows more of it to make it into bloodstream. If Suboxone is swallowed it does not make it into bloodstream. Absorption under the tongue is not the only place in mouth where it will absorb into bloodstream according to what I have read, so the idea is to deposit it all over the inside of mouth and then it continues to absorb for up to 15 minutes so the reason for not eating or drinking because it washes it off. It is also better to start with a very dry mouth.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

The place where they put mesh is very sore. How would I know if my body was rejecting it?

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

If it rejects it, this is what I have seen: redness first along with the soreness and swelling. Fever Then I've seen the skin open up with oozing of infection. Brown, green, cream colors. Hope it's only just in the healing stage.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

debbluebird wrote:If it rejects it, this is what I have seen: redness first along with the soreness and swelling. Fever Then I've seen the skin open up with oozing of infection. Brown, green, cream colors. Hope it's only just in the healing stage.

It has been 6 days & I am getting worse not better. I went to bed at 7:30 cause it is more comfortable to lay on back. I feel like ripping the dang thing out which is what worries me. A couple of days ago I felt so good I thought I could go back.to work by Friday now i am afraid it is not working. I am going in tomorrow if it isn't better. It is just that I don't want to face more surgery. I'm thinking it is a bad place for it to happen, already 3 times I have been opened there. If the mesh doesn't work then what? I really do have the luck of the Irish (it actually means bad luck).
;-)

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I think the site of surgery usually gets a bit more sore before it starts to ease and repair itself. This is only me speaking from my own experience.
I sincerely hope it is not infection.

The luck of the Irish.... I've always understood it to mean.... really good luck often brought on by an optimistic attitude.
e.g. I stood in a cow pat wearing my new shoes !! Isn't it lucky I was wearing my shoes !!!

I did google it and see that there are many references to bad luck, to it being ironic...... and to it meaning lucky.
I guess I always considered it to be a wee bit ironic in a good way,.... or as they say... does that sound a bit Irish :)

Anyways; I'm wondering how you now are, are you still as sore ?? Or is it time for Doc.
Betty

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:I think the site of surgery usually gets a bit more sore before it starts to ease and repair itself. This is only me speaking from my own experience.
I sincerely hope it is not infection.

The luck of the Irish.... I've always understood it to mean.... really good luck often brought on by an optimistic attitude.
e.g. I stood in a cow pat wearing my new shoes !! Isn't it lucky I was wearing my shoes !!!

I did google it and see that there are many references to bad luck, to it being ironic...... and to it meaning lucky.
I guess I always considered it to be a wee bit ironic in a good way,.... or as they say... does that sound a bit Irish :)

Anyways; I'm wondering how you now are, are you still as sore ?? Or is it time for Doc.

I am going to wait another day or two to see if it will get better. I always thought like you that it meant really good luck but I think the meaning has changed over the years. I read somewhere about it not really being good luck and looked it up myself and there is actually a lot out there that disputes the meaning of the saying.

I know my ancestors came over to America around the 1840's from Ireland. One can look at anything from a positive point of view. If it weren't for the famine I might be living in Ireland. I would have loved to live in Ireland. Maybe it is also lucky that we moved here too? Maybe I'm lucky because if they had stayed during the hard times, maybe they wouldn't have made it so I wouldn't be anywhere :lol:

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

And if you lived over here you'd find that there is not one WED/RLS expert !

I've still been mulling over what I have thought was meant by 'the luck of the Irish'..... perhaps the 'bounce back' ability ??
All a big generalisation anyway.. :roll:
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:
I've still been mulling over what I have thought was meant by 'the luck of the Irish'..... perhaps the 'bounce back' ability ??
All a big generalisation anyway.. :roll:

Aren't most of these sayings a big generalization? I wonder how many I use without thinking and if they might be misinterpreted by others....
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.