Suboxone - Living on the Edge

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
EeFall

Re: Suboxone - Living on the Edge

Post by EeFall »

Polar Bear wrote:Already surgery is planned for next Thursday ??
Oh my... things move very much quicker on your side of the Atlantic :)

LOL, the doc is afraid I won't make it to Thursday to tell you the truth. I am suppose to go to emergency if I get sick again. He cleared his surgeries Thursday for me. Makes me a little nervous to say the least. I am sitting here doing nothing.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

So.... it's feet up and take care.... or at least it's feet up if your WED symptoms let you do so !
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

Glad you feel confident with the Surgeon. Hope you make it to Thursday. Don't worry about the mesh. Just watch your stomach and make sure it heals. Don't forget to not lift anything. Good luck !

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Gotta say that they are paying attention to you! That's a good thing :-).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

This is too weird - Basis says I slept exactly 8 hours last night!

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Wednesday I find out about my shoulder surgery and Thursday I go in to have surgery to fix my hernia again. I was able to sleep 5 hours and 57 minutes last night according to my Basis device but the reality is that I know the first 3 hours I sat and watched the clock, the surgeries are keeping me awake, or rather the fear of the surgeries. I put in for being off until April 18th when I go in to see how the healing is doing. I couldn't put in for the shoulder surgery yet because I won't know until Wednesday. It is crazy. I imagine the shoulder surgery will be a few weeks after the hernia repair. I could be out for a couple of months.

Then the dang tinnitus is getting worse, I haven't even mentioned that to a doctor as these other 2 things are more important but it is like a constant bombardment of crickets chirping in the left hear very loudly, and now the right ear has started too, but more softly. Sounds like an echo. It would be funny if I didn't have to listen to it constantly. It bothers me the most when I am by myself like now and it should be totally silent except for the usual noises about the house. I think I have made a terrible mistake in not seeing someone about the ear noise. I did go to a doctor about it many months ago but they just did an ear test and said my left ear was starting to lose some hearing, but not all that bad. Then though the tinnitus wasn't very loud.

Funny that the only thing that is working is the Suboxone. It controls my RLS symptoms and the side effects are very small. After taking it at 5:30 pm it makes me a little groggy for an hour or so or if I forget to take it RLS symptoms appear within an hour. It works fantastic! Best thing I have ever taken for RLS in 14 years (except maybe the original prescription of Mirapex when it worked wonderful the first couple of years).

I'm really down. I can't catch a break. I can't just keep it bottled up so I said it. I need to get to bed.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I really hope this surgery makes things better. It's so hard when there is so much going on at the same time - feels like you're running as fast as you can, but the train is pulling away.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thinking of you over the next few days.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

Thanks guys! I am feeling better now and my surgery is tomorrow at about 8am. I had to come home from work after only being there a couple of hours, my hernia was hurting. I'm okay right now I think I will make it to surgery tomorrow and get this thing fixed!

My next surgery was scheduled today for May 23rd and when I saw the doc about it he said it is only going to be a half hour surgery unless he finds something unexpected. It is the best I could have hoped for, the MRI showed the original problem but didn't pick up any others as they expected. If the surgery is as stated I will only be home 2 weeks for it and I will have some physical therapy twice a week for awhile but not near as bad as it could have been.

One odd thing. Just before we left for doctor today I brought in the empty trashcan & saw what I thought was a bunch of gravel beside my SUV back passenger door. I walked over to it and the whole side window had blown out. That safety glass was in a million pieces. My wife had just used it to go to a bible study class. I asked her about it and she did say that while she was driving down one of the main boulevards here that she heard a noise like a rock hitting the car but didn't think much of it. The car was fine when she had gone into the house. I guess it must have been a delayed reaction :lol:

Once I had purchased a used car, for the pure joy of having it, and I was sitting in the drivers side of the car in my garage (different house then) admiring it and I saw a flash of light out the corner of my right eye and then a noise like a thunderclap and the whole side passenger window exploded. I ducked down really fast, what came to my mind was that someone had just shot at me through the side window. Scared the heck out of me! Turned out the window had just decided to explode at that particular moment for no apparent reason.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Methinks both you and your wife were lucky not to be harmed by the exploding glass.

We will be thinking of you tomorrow and hope all is as smooth running as could be hoped for.
Betty

debbluebird

Post by debbluebird »

I'm sure all will go well for you. I always feel like, the sooner the better. My thoughts and prayers to you.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I'm laying in bed not able to sleep cause of pain from surgery so I thought I would use my iPhone to come on here. I could have sworn I had posted that the surgery went ok but I guess not. My mind has been doing that to me since surgery lol. The surgery went great. It hurts despite Aleve and 10mg of oxycodone every 6 hours but it is just bad enough to keep me awake. Doc did put mesh in but he thought not only did the first one open but a second hernia was just above the first. Weird, but it is fixed now. I got 7 hours 7 min of sleep last night and I'm off work for a couple of weeks so not sleeping much tonight won't bother me much. Heck, 7 hours sleep and I could go good for a week :-)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Very good news!

Managing Your RLS

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

I laid in bed from about 11pm to 2:45am using my iPhone for Internet and then got up zero sleep. I am soooo glad I got 7 hours sleep the night before. It was just from the surgery pain not RLS. I have had so much sleep lately that I am barely tired. Just took a shower and realized half the pain was from bandages. Took those off and just have 3 large butterfly stitches or whatever they are called on outside of incision which is about 2 1/2" long. I hope I can sleep tonight. They warned me the oxy might not work much because of suboxone, I might have to call for another pain killer.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

All is sounding good :)
Betty