A Shocking Experience (Ferritin Infusions)

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
EeFall

A Shocking Experience (Ferritin Infusions)

Post by EeFall »

This is too weird to be true but I thought I would mention it to see if there could be anything to it.

Is it at all possible that my high ferritin level of 335 is contributing to me being able to shock the heck out of people? I can really give people a good jolt, especially here in our living room sitting on the couch and walking on the throw rug in front of it. My jolts are much more than others around me though. As in we have tested 2 people shocking each other and then I shock them and it is a whole different experience when I do it, mine actually can hurt. I don't remember ever having static electricity hurt, but I build up huge charges of the stuff now and it has only been in the last year.

badnights

Re: A Shocking Experience (Ferritin Infusions)

Post by badnights »

I doubt it but I admit I may not know enough to have a valuable opinion on it.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

TimG

Post by TimG »

Your ferritin level (which is not that high compared to Hereditary Hemochromatosis patients) would not cause you to shock other people. There must be another reason.

EeFall

Post by EeFall »

TimG wrote:Your ferritin level (which is not that high compared to Hereditary Hemochromatosis patients) would not cause you to shock other people. There must be another reason.

The first I had heard of Hereditary Hemochromatosis. I just read up on it and it sounds like I wouldn't want more than the 335 ng/ml that I already have of ferritin in my blood stream, it can eventually lead to some major organ damage having too much. As far as the shocking experience I guess it is just my magnetic personality :lol: , actually I have no idea what causes it but I guess high ferritin can be ruled out.