Low Testosterone

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
crl363

Low Testosterone

Post by crl363 »

I have been on Methadone for ~ 1 year for my RLS. I recently had blood work done and it came back with very low testosterone levels. This makes sense because I have many of the symptoms that come along with it such as loss of limbo, lack of motivation, irritability, etc. I believe, like many other people, that it was brought on by the Methadone. I know there has been some post on this subject and I believe that some people have had testosterone supplementation. My questions are has anyone had long term supplementation? Is it something that you have to be on as long as you’re on Methadone? Has anyone experienced the side effects on being on testosterone supplementation? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Bob

badnights

Re: Low Testosterone

Post by badnights »

Click on this link and you'll find all the posts here that people have made about this topic. We haven't had that many people discuss it. Hopefully this will help you. search.php?keywords=testosterone
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.

crl363

Post by crl363 »

badnights wrote:Click on this link and you'll find all the posts here that people have made about this topic. We haven't had that many people discuss it. Hopefully this will help you. search.php?keywords=testosterone

Thanks for the help Beth!!

QyX

Post by QyX »

Opioids can lower the free testosterone in blood serum. If you suffer from low energy, no sex drive etc. it might a worth a thought to supplement testosterone.

Ask your doctor.