WED symptoms after mirapex

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Orrel

WED symptoms after mirapex

Post by Orrel »

I have read that WED symptoms, after one gets off mirapex, return to what they were before going on it, or at least are less than
what they were while on a D.A. which had caused augmentation. Is this a reasonable expectation for me since I've been on mirapex
for seven years?

Rustsmith

Re: WED symptoms after mirapex

Post by Rustsmith »

Yes, it is a reasonable expectation provided that you keep in mind that after seven years, your WED may have progressed during the seven years so that the symptoms may not return to where they were when you started the DA. The improvement that you experience will therefore depend upon the severity of your augmentation and the degree that the WED has progressed over the years. But generally, you should see an improvement compared to when you were augmented.

Of course, you probably already know that getting off of the DA when you are augmented is not going to be easy. You will need the help and support of a doctor who is familiar with treating augmented WED patients.
Steve

https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Orrel

Post by Orrel »

Thank you for replying so quickly. In about ten days I will be seeing a doctor who is on the WED Foundation Medical Advisory Board.
He should be helpful in getting me off the DA.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

It's not easy but you are on the right track.
Good luck.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Orrel wrote:Thank you for replying so quickly. In about ten days I will be seeing a doctor who is on the WED Foundation Medical Advisory Board.
He should be helpful in getting me off the DA.

It can be a tough process for some - but most of us feel it was totally worth it!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.