First week on Methadone

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
Joanie60

Re: First week on Methadone

Post by Joanie60 »

Yet more weirdness in my disease...Per Dr Salas, I started taking 10mg all at one time. POP!! It works, for 24-25 straight hours!! Straight consistent relief. I am in shock. This has worked for four days in a row. I don't know what to think....But I'll take it! My symptoms wax and wane, but have never been "mild" for four days in a row so I do believe there is something to this: BANG that WED on the head and smash it down for a full 24 hours.

Fingers crossed, toes crossed, eyes crossed.....

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Everything crossed - Really glad for you.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

pjmccoy1

Post by pjmccoy1 »

Hope this new timetable continues to work. Glad for you too.
PJ, Heaven Bound

Joanie60

Post by Joanie60 »

Thanks all!!

pjmccoy1

Post by pjmccoy1 »

Joanie how's it going with Methadone, have you found the magic stabilized dosing schedule yet?
PJ, Heaven Bound

Joanie60

Post by Joanie60 »

Thanks PJ... I have found the only dosing schedule that works. Take it when I need it hahaha. Seriously, I listen to my body. Some days I take the 10mg in the morning, usually in the afternoon, occasionally in the evening. If I take it in the morning, I will need more to get me till bedtime. Right now I am using up my stash of 5mg tabs cut in half (so 2.5mg to see me thru till bedtime) and once in awhile, an entire 5mg. I don't see Dr Salas until the end of April but I am hoping against hope she will prescribe slightly more than 30 tabs per month. I want to aim for 10 mg per day but be able to take 12.5 or 15 mg without counting and recounting my pills and days left till new prescription, ya know?

I am also using my hot water bottle A LOT!! It really helps :-)

Hang in there PJ, this is such a weird disease, you may end up finding relief just around the corner!!

Joanie