Lyrica 450mg

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
IThinkImInTorture

Lyrica 450mg

Post by IThinkImInTorture »

I need info on my RLS. I am taking 450mg of Lyrica and it doesn't stop me from getting up immediately after falling asleep. I can't spell and my short term memory is seriously degraded. Ultram 50mgx2 works but it makes me groggy and Requip makes me really nauseous. I get the same sensation when I take antihistames for more than one day. I am going to start seeing a chiropitist to see if this is a pinched nerve that gets pinched when I relax upon falling asleep. I would like to stop taking Ultram but it is the only thing that works. I am seeing a doctor at Johns Hopkins who is tenaciously working with me. What the hell works?

ViewsAskew

Re: Lyrica 450mg

Post by ViewsAskew »

There is not anything that works for everyone. The vast majority of us are easy to treat. The first med tried usually works and has little to no side effects.

Some of us? Not quite that way. I don't want to depress you, but I've used between 15 and 20 meds alone and in combination. I've had successes that eventually failed and I had to switch.

You have a great doctor who is working with you! That alone is so wonderful - many of us do not. Together you'll find something.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yes, the antihistamines can often have a negative affect on WED symptoms, the older types more so than the newer ones.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear's remark is important! All the older ones, and occasionally the newer ones, create WED/RLS symptoms in those of us who have it. An important thing to avoid!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

badnights

Post by badnights »

Sounds like Lyrica is not going to work for you. The spelling and memory problems can be side effects of Lyrica. I would not worry about the Ultram as much as getting off the Lyrica and maybe onto a more potent opioid. Not that it's up to us/you to suggest that to your doctor! But I think the Lyrica is going to make you very unhappy. No one likes to lose their memory and be unable to spell when once they could.
Beth - Wishing you a restful sleep tonight
Click for info on WED/RLS AUGMENTATION & IRON
I am a volunteer moderator. My posts are not medical advice. My posts do not reflect RLS Foundation opinion.