Adding another script

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
justkate

Adding another script

Post by justkate »

Right now I'm taking 1mg Of Requip and .25 Elivil I have been having trouble waking up every hour or two through the night so my neurologist prescribed 1mg Clonazepam to take at night. Does anyone else take this and what should I expect as far as side effects?

ViewsAskew

Re: Adding another script

Post by ViewsAskew »

Just my opinion - I wouldn't take it. 50% of those who take it have no issues stopping it. 50% have a LOT of difficulty. You can't know which group you will be in.

But, it's also because you have to determien WHY are you awake. Is it WED? Then you need better control. If not the WED, then likely you have the "alerting" issue that many of us have. The best, so far, class to treat that is the alpha 2 delta class - gabapentin and so on.

Elavil can be problematic for some with WED. http://www.rls.org/Document.Doc?id=1870 I'd definitely want to make sure it wasn't causing issues.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Yankiwi

Re: Adding another script

Post by Yankiwi »

I take .37 ropinerol before bed, 2 x tramadol the first time I wake up, and stretch the second time. That works well for me. Before starting the ropinerol a year ago I tried clonazapam. It did absolutely nothing at all for me.
I'm happy as long as my legs don't hurt in the night even if I wake up a few times and can get back to sleep or even just enjoy lying in bed instead of being in agony.