Tramadol - Anyone have successful long treatment?

Use this section to discuss your experiences with prescription drugs, iron injections, and other medical interventions that involve the introduction of a drug or medicine into the body. Discuss side effects, successes, failures, published research, information about drug trials, and information about new medications being developed.

Important: Posts and information in this section are based on personal experiences and recommendations; they should not be considered a substitute for the advice of a healthcare provider.
pjmccoy1

Tramadol - Anyone have successful long treatment?

Post by pjmccoy1 »

Anyone have successful long RLS treatment with Tramadol? If so, how long and dosing schedule? Also, do you take Tramadol Immediate Release or extended release? Does is cause constipation issues like other opiates? I've read for some reason it's only opioid that can augment, although I don't understand this. There is a lady on RLS UK that has experienced either tolerance or augmentation after only maybe 3 months and had to increase dose? Lastly I've read some cases where people who have failed most numerous anti-depressants found Tramadol helped with their depression. Not sure the why's because I don't think it is a A/D but maybe some anti-depressant off label success??
PJ, Heaven Bound